Topic: Adobe.APS application password [SOLVED]

Hello,

I upgrades to 1.5.1 this morning, and upon installation I was requested to allow access to my keychain (mac os 10.11.6  Adobe AIR Application Installer 27.0), fine, but weird enough I could not do it, my system admin password was not working.

I seems to have something to do with
Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/PrivateEncryptedDatak

Is this about the password I use for some galleries?
Is this an adobe air issue?

Thank You &
Best regards

David

Re: Adobe.APS application password [SOLVED]

This has nothing to do with the password for any of your galleries and is an Adobe AIR problem.

First of all, with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro closed, please manually delete the following folders:
~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
~/Library/Preferences/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

If this does not help, then please try the "Fixing Mac EncryptedLocalStore database access error" procedure outlined in this Adobe forum thread. Please note that a couple of posts later in that thread, a user claims that it is necessary to reboot your computer after the deletions.
This should hopefully solve your problem.

I have found only one other user who has reported such a problem in this forum, here.
This user's workaround was to uninstall Adobe AIR and then download and install an earlier version of AIR (from the Adobe AIR archive page).
I would not normally recommend using an older version of any software but if it helps to get someone back up and running, then it might be a useful piece of information.

I hope that the suggestions above help.

Thank You Steven,
The first step worked! without going through the "Fixing Mac EncryptedLocalStore database access error" procedure.
and interesting enough, the new adobe air installer is available, I installed it. v28.0 (28.0.0.127).

Have a nice day!

David

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.
I'm glad the fix was an easy one!

FWIW, I've just had this same problem ... before and after updating to the latest AdobeAIR.

Deleting:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

fixed it for me too.

@gfs

I'm glad to hear that just deleting the 'ELS' folder worked for you, too.
Thanks for sharing!

FANTASTIC - first step worked for me too - thanks so much for this lovely and simple program, truly a blessing.

@smohring

Thank you for your post.
I do not know why the information contained in the 'ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' folder is triggering the problem documented in this thread for some users but it is good to know that deleting the 'ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' folder (and allowing JuiceboxBuidler-Pro to generate a fresh one on its next run) seems to be solving the problem.