Topic: gallery via mobile

I just recently purchased Pro to see what it was like and if it will work for our galleries.

So far the biggest thing I am not liking is when you view the gallery via mobile...instead of just shrinking the thumbs/larger image down to fit the screen, it loads up one giant version of the first picture making you click it to take you to a thumbnail only gallery.  Is there a way to just have the gallery show up on mobile or what options do you have if any as to how it is shown?!

Re: gallery via mobile

What you are describing is the Splash Page.

On mobile (small screen) devices, if the gallery is embedded in a web page alongside other content, then Juicebox displays the Splash Page (an image placeholder for the gallery) which, when tapped, expands the gallery to fill the browser viewport (to give the main images as much room to be displayed as possible).
In Small Screen Mode, after tapping the Splash Page (or if the gallery is presented on a web page of its own and the Splash Page is not used), the user will be presented with a grid of thumbnails from which a main image can be selected. (I think it might be this grid of thumbnails that you are referring to.)
When a thumbnail is tapped, the thumbnail page is replaced with the chosen image. (In Small Screen Mode, the thumbnails and main images are displayed on different pages to maximize the area available for the images on small screen devices.)
The user can return to the thumbnail page by tapping the 'Thumbnail' button on the gallery's Button Bar (and can return to the original embedding page by tapping the 'Close Gallery' button).
Please see the Screen Modes support section in the Gallery Tour for more information.

You can choose to not use the Splash Page by setting showSplashPage="NEVER" (in  JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Splash Page' section). Using this setting, the thumbnail page would initially be displayed instead of the Splash Page on small screen devices. If you want to skip the thumbnail page and go straight to the first main image in the gallery, then set showSmallThumbsOnLoad="FALSE" ('Customize -> Thumbnails').

Alternatively, you could force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode (which, by default, does not use the Splash Page and displays the thumbnails and main images together) on all devices and in all browsers by setting screenMode="LARGE" ('Customize -> General').

If you choose to continue to use the Splash Page, then you can configure it (for example to change the image displayed) using the Splash Page configuration options listed here.

I hope this helps to clarify things and gives you a few options to try.