Topic: feature questions; Lightroom updates + recursive galleries

Hi,

I'm currently changing my site to drupal, and looking for the right gallery solution. One thing I couldn't find is, how are updates to a gallery handled? I have seen I can create a gallery with lightroom, but it looks more like the "publish to web" thing from Lightroom, what I would need is a publish plugin like for facebook. So new pictures are just dragged to the juicebox plugin and would be published.
Another question is if there are recursive galleries supported, something like

my_images|
                  |
                  _ images_1
                  |
                  |
                  _ images_2
                                   |
                                   _ subimages_2

(I hope the ascii-art doesn't get destroyed ;))

Lars

Re: feature questions; Lightroom updates + recursive galleries

One thing I couldn't find is, how are updates to a gallery handled?

Most methods of creating a gallery involve generating the gallery on your computer and then uploading the gallery to your web server via FTP.
Updating a gallery would, therefore, involve editing the gallery on your computer and then uploading the new gallery folder to your web server, replacing the existing one.

An alternative would be to use svManager , a PHP web application which allows you to create, edit and manage images online via a web browser interface.

Another alternative to this would be to use a dynamic method of creating your gallery's XML file (for example using PHP) at the time the gallery is viewed rather than at the time the gallery is created.
For example, you could have a setup whereby Juicebox displays all images in a specified folder (see this post for details).
In order to update the gallery, all you would need to do is upload new images to that folder.

Another question is if there are recursive galleries supported, something like

The Juicebox Skin for jAlbum allows you to create a multiple-gallery album in a single action (and includes support for folders within other folders).
When using the Juicebox skin, you can drag and drop a complete folder structure into jAlbum's main window and click 'Make Album'.
The resulting album will have a separate Juicebox gallery for each and every folder/subfolder in your input structure and all the galleries will be linked together via a JavaScript navigation tree.
Here is a sample album created by jAlbum and the Juicebox Skin.