Re: Feature Requests

@haggis999

The rollover tooltip-text within a gallery is configurable via the languageList configuration option.
Please see the International Gallery Text support section for details.
This configuration option was intended to be used to translate the text into a different language but you can use to simply change the text if you like.
It is not available in the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface but you can add a custom languageList to your gallery's 'config.xml' file, as an attribute to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag, alongside the other configuration options.
If you want to change "Expand Gallery" to "Hide Menu" and "Close Gallery" to "Show Menu", then you can use the following:

languageList="Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Hide Menu|Show Menu|Open Image in New Window|Images|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of|Send Email|Download|Password|Incorrect Password.|Regarding image|in gallery"

452 (edited by haggis999 2018-04-17 21:37:41)

Thanks as always, Steven, for a very useful response. I will give that solution a try as soon as I get some free time.

EDIT:  That was actually a very quick fix, which worked perfectly  :)

Your suggestion specifically addresses my stated preference for configurable tooltip text, but my original point still stands. The default text of 'Close Gallery' is simply wrong and should be corrected.

Possibility to adjust caption font size and possibility to choose a background layer with variable opacity.

@pantau

Possibility to adjust caption font size...

There are currently no configuration options available to change the image title and caption font sizes (thank you for the suggestion) but it is still possible to do so (via HTML formatting or custom CSS).
Please see this forum post for details.

This works, thanks. But as I have to redo it every time I save the gallery, I hope it'll become implemented as a feature in the near future.

@pantau

You could add the custom CSS to the template file that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro uses to generate the gallery's 'theme.css' file.
In doing so, the custom CSS will be included in all galleries created by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Open the following file in a plain text editor and add the custom CSS to the bottom of the file.
Mac: /Applications/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.app/Contents/Resources/template/jbcore/classic/theme.css
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\template\jbcore\classic\theme.css

Great, this really helps, thanks.

feature request:

- allow to adjust GUI font size in preferences. (GUI is hardly readable on my WQHD notebook in Windows 7)

Hi,

I'd like to set a custom preset as default preset.
Better : a batch option!
Would help, when you have 100s of galleries to build!

Thank you!

On devices with touch screens it would be very convenient if the "swipe up/down" gestures would have the same effect as clicking on the "< Back" button. Much like in the image viewer of facebook. This behavior has become so familiar that one would expect it in any image browser ;-).

Since Juicebox already reacts on "swipe left/right" for browsing through the images, and the "back" functionality is also already there, I guess it shouldn't be too much work to create a link between "swipe up/down" and "back".

Klaus

I'm not sure of the netiquette of reiterating a request. If this is bad form, my plea for mercy is based on the intervals involved, i.e., we're talking six years and one year. To wit:

I'd still like to see:

1) Support for embedded videos, e.g., Vimeo and YouTube.

From 2012: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=930#p930

2) Support -- perhaps as an option, to permit this -- for pinch-zoomable images.

From 2017: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph … 272#p11272

Cheers,

Bill P.

@wspollack

I'm not sure of the netiquette of reiterating a request.

No problem at all!
I really don't know which suggestions will be picked up and implemented in future versions but there is no problem with your repeated request. Thank you for your continued interest in Juicebox.

Following on from my support conversation here: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph … 368#p12368

It would be hugely beneficial for me if Juicebox could add pinch-and-zoom to fullscreen mode.

I have comic galleries on my website and, as part of my legal agreement for using licensed properties, they have to remain locked from hotlinking and downloading - so opening the images in their own window is not an option.

If it could be done, or a work-around devised, please could someone let me know?

Thanks.

Following the announcement that Google Images will show the IPTC  "Creator" and "Credit" metadata, it would be nice that LR plugin exports them in the gallery images and thumbs when the option "Copyright only" is choosen.

https://www.blog.google/products/search … le-images/

Many Thanks !
Alain

@alain.guilleux

Thank you for your suggestion (and the link to the Google blog entry)!

What happens when 'Copyright Only' is selected in the 'Metadata' drop-down menu is actually handled by core Lightroom functionality (rather than any code specific to the Juicebox plugin). The plugin simply passes the value of the 'Metadata' input to Lightroom which then does the rest so, unfortunately, it's really not something that the plugin has any control over.

Thanks Steven,

Then would you be so kind to add the "Copyright and Contact Info Only" option in the metadata drop-down menu ?

This one will handle "Creator" IPTC field.

Thanks a lot !

Alain

@alain.guilleux

As far as I am aware, the only two options available for the 'Metadata' drop-down menu are 'Copyright Only' and 'All' (the same options that you'll see in the web engines which are bundled with Lightroom: Classic Gallery, Grid Gallery, Square Gallery and Track Gallery).
Here is a direct quote from the 'Data model entries' section of the latest Lightroom Classic CC programmers guide SDK documentation:

metadataExportMode—What metadata to include, either 'copyright' or 'all'.

The only options that the Juicebox web engine has any control over are:
(1) The choice of whether or not to display the 'Metadata' drop-down menu. (If the 'Metadata' drop-down menu is to be displayed, then the options are populated by Lightroom itself.)
(2) The choice of which value to display as the default option ('Copyright Only' or 'All' ).

If you find that metadata fields that you require are not being exported into your gallery images when setting 'Metadata' to 'Copyright Only', then set 'Metadata' to 'All' instead.

468 (edited by plato1123 2018-11-05 18:34:50)

Others have requested that the OG Image tag be dynamically updated to the current image being viewed so that when someone clicks share it chooses that exact image that is being viewed at that moment to share to represent the gallery.  Others have claimed this is not possible but I see someone at this thread has proven it is in fact possible and works just fine:
http://drib.tech/programming/dynamicall … javascript

Can we get that in a new version of juicebox?  That seems like a pretty major improvement/fix.  Thanks!!

@plato1123

Thank you for the link!

I do not know what suggestions the developers will implement in future versions (or how long it may take for suggestions to be implemented) so my notes below might help for anyone hoping to implement such functionality in the short-term.

The only user that I know of that has managed to overcome the restriction of one og:image per web page for Facebook sharing is sly in this forum thread. (He achieved this by overriding Juicebox's own Facebook sharing handler with what looks like quite a lot of complex custom JavaScript.)

Using the code from the link you quoted, the following might work, although please note that it is untested as I do not currently have a Facebook App ID. (Replace '123456789012345' in the following code with your own Facebook App ID.)

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <meta name="viewport" id="jb-viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0" />
        <meta property="og:description" content="" />
        <meta property="og:image" content="" />
        <meta property="og:title" content="" />
        <meta property="og:type" content="website" />
        <meta property="og:url" content="" />
        <style type="text/css">
            body {
                margin: 0px;
            }
        </style>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
        <script>
          window.fbAsyncInit = function() {
            FB.init({
              appId            : '123456789012345',
              autoLogAppEvents : true,
              xfbml            : true,
              version          : 'v2.10'
            });
            FB.AppEvents.logPageView();
          };

(function(d, s, id){
             var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
             if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
             js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
             js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js";
             fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
           }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
        </script>        
        <script>
        function shareOverrideOGMeta(overrideLink, overrideTitle, overrideDescription, overrideImage)
        {
            FB.ui({
                method: 'share_open_graph',
                action_type: 'og.likes',
                action_properties: JSON.stringify({
                    object: {
                        'og:url': overrideLink,
                        'og:title': overrideTitle,
                        'og:description': overrideDescription,
                        'og:image': overrideImage
                    }
                })
            },
            function (response) {
            // Action after response
            });
        }
        </script>    
        <script type="text/javascript">
            var jb = new juicebox({
                containerId: "juicebox-container",
                shareFacebook: "TRUE"
            });
            jb.onImageChange = function(e) {
                var index = e.id;
                var info = jb.getImageInfo(index);
                var url = info.imageURL;
                var link = 'http://www.example.com/';
                var title = info.title;
                var description = info.caption;
                var image = link + url;
                shareOverrideOGMeta(link, title, description, image);
            };
        </script>
        <title>Test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
    </body>

</html>

I come from Simpleviewer, which I loved aside from the need for plugins.  What I miss about it is the ability to scroll through images using the mouse wheel.  Maybe that's a flash issue, which is what required plugins.  If not, is there a way to bring that feature back to Juicebox someday?

Feature request from bjbarouch (original thread):

Editing IPTC Data

It would be great to incorporate an open source library so users can edit IPTC info directly from within Juicebox instead of having to use an external tool such as exiftool or photoshop and reload image files afterward.

Show title and caption on hover over thumbnail

Might help a user decide if they want to click on that image.

Above Thumbnails option for titles and captions

It would be good to be able to put titles and captions under the main image but as wide as the row of thumbnails instead of being contrained by the image's width. Currently you can only do one (Below Image) or the other (BOTTOM).

email addresses for feedback and for requesting a new password

While it is nice to allow for these to be different, the address set in config.xml should be the default for password requests unless the latter is explcitly given as well.

Direct linking without changing the URL in the location bar

In the best of both worlds, one could allow for direct links to individual images, but also have the url in the location bar remain the beginning of the slideshow instead of the current image, in case that is bookmarked partway through a gallery. The direct link to image feature could pop up a tiny window with the link to the image ready to be copied or put into a bookmark without being a #image reference in the location bar.