Topic: Is it possible hide or autohide bar icons? [SOLVED]

I would like to hide bar icons when gallery is in large screen mode in smartphones, because it covers part of the photo. With thumbs is possible. You can choose to see them or not with a bar icon or use autohide. The question is: is possible to do the same with bar icons? (I haven't seen anything in configuration options)
Thank you very much!!

Re: Is it possible hide or autohide bar icons? [SOLVED]

The buttonBarPosition configuration option allows you to position the Button Bar in the TOP area but this applies only to Large Screen Mode (there is no TOP area in Small Screen Mode where the Button Bar is always positioned on the overlay).
However, if you force Large Screen Mode to always be used on all devices and in all browsers (by setting screenMode="LARGE"), then the TOP area will still exist when the gallery is displayed on mobile devices and setting buttonBarPosition="TOP" should solve your problem.

No matter whether your gallery is being displayed in Small Screen Mode or Large Screen Mode, if you tap the main image (on a touch-enabled mobile device), the overlay (including the Button Bar and the caption area) will disappear (to leave just the image). Tapping the main image again will make the overlay reappear.
You can check it out in this demo gallery (when viewed on a mobile device): https://juicebox.net/demos/pro/default/

Please note that tapping the main image will not make the overlay disappear (in Small Screen Mode on a mobile device) if either:
(1) You set showInfoButton="TRUE" where tapping the Info Button on the Button Bar will make all of the overlay disappear (except for the Button Bar, which needs to be kept visible at all times so that the user can tap the Info Button again to make the rest of the overlay reappear).
... or:
(2) You set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" where tapping the main image will open the image (or associated linkURL) in a new page of its own.

Essentially, if you are already setting screenMode="LARGE", then just set buttonBarPosition="TOP" to position the Button Bar in the reserved TOP area (where it will not overlap the main image).
Otherwise, in Touch Input Mode (on mobile devices), tapping the main image will toggle the overlay on and off (with the exceptions I mentioned above).

I hope this helps.

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for answer me so quickly, and sorry for my bad English (I'm Spanish). I have done what you told me and I had to set "buttonBarPosition"="OVERLAY" instead of "TOP" because if in "TOP" the "bar icons" didn't hide and the image became smaller until the "bar icons" didn't overlay it.

The only thing that is a bit wrong (only a little bit) is that in my smartphone (an old "Samsung Galaxy S4") the bottom line of the white frame of the image is not visible. I reduced the dimensions of the image but it still didn't see. Maybe is a problem of the smartphones (or my old smartphone only). However this is not a problem for me. I think you have done a very good job with "Juicebox" and I thank you your support again.

If you want you can see a sample of 12 pictures of my gallery, with Juicebox, here:

http://www.joseantoniocastellanos.com/P … ndex.html#

Regards!!!

I have done what you told me and I had to set "buttonBarPosition"="OVERLAY" instead of "TOP" because if in "TOP" the "bar icons" didn't hide...

That is true, the autohide functionality hides the overlay elements only (and if buttonBarPosition is set to TOP, then the Button Bar is no longer on the overlay).

... and the image became smaller until the "bar icons" didn't overlay it.

This is because positioning a gallery element TOP will reserve an area above the main images (reducing the amount of space available to display the main image) and the top area and the main image area will never overlap.

I'm glad you are able to configure your gallery with the available configuration options to find a layout which you're happy with (even though it may not be exactly as you would like).

The only thing that is a bit wrong (only a little bit) is that in my smartphone (an old "Samsung Galaxy S4") the bottom line of the white frame of the image is not visible.

If you find that your image frame is not fully visible, then you could try one (or more) of the following:
(1) Try increasing frameWidth="1" to a larger value.
(2) Try adding some imagePadding (maybe just a couple of pixels) to bring the images in a little from the edges of the gallery.
(3) Try adding some stagePadding (again, maybe just a couple of pixels) to bring the entire gallery content in a little from the edges of the stage.
In your browser, it might be that a 1px frame width might not be large enough or else the lower frame edge might just be too close to the browser's toolbar so hopefully the suggestions above will help.

I think you have done a very good job with "Juicebox" and I thank you your support again.

You're welcome!
Thank you for your kind words. We're glad you're getting on well with Juicebox-Pro!

Hi Steven,

I did what you told me, with "imagePadding" = 4px, and it was the solution to my problem. I don't try to change "stagePadding" but I suppose the result will be the same (good).

Thank you very much again!!!

You're welcome!
I'm glad that my workaround was a suitable solution for you.
Thank you for letting me know.

(stagePadding would be a similar solution but would add padding around the entire gallery, not just the main images within the gallery.)

Please provide official option to include the buttonbar in "the overlay" even when the buttonbar position is "TOP" so that it will disappear with the overlay after the activity timeout.

In context of presenting fine art images, overlays are not acceptable (in large screen mode anyway), and after the timeout all decorations should disappear leaving only the image. Existing options work OK for captions (position beneath, or left and make background transparent), but not for buttonbar.

Up through Juicebox 1.5.0 I accomplished this by changing one conditional. For whatever reason, probably your intention to prevent users from adapting your software, the same technique breaks juicebox.js in 1.5.1. Feel free to pm me with a workaround, but others like PhotoJAC2000 also want the official option.

if (B != "TOP" && !q.config.showinfobutton) {

omit the first test:

if (!q.config.showinfobutton) {

@matthewswift

I understand your desire to try to adapt Juicebox-Pro to do something that you would like it to do (but that it was not designed to do). However, it looks like you may have unpacked the source code and, unfortunately, modifying the source code is not supported. This is noted in the FAQ below:
Does Juicebox-Pro include the source code?

Thank your for posting your suggestion in the Feature Request forum thread, though, where it will be seen by the developers who will at least consider it for inclusion in a future release (although I have no way of knowing which requests will be chosen for implementation).

(Incidentally, I'm not sure what might have changed between v1.5.0 and v1.5.1 to break your modification. Whatever the change was, it would have been made for the sake of functionality rather than to prevent users from adapting the software.)

Thanks again for making your suggestion known.