Topic: First time user - can't seem to make it work and need help
Spent a lot of time reading forum posts, help files and watching the one video tutorial on youtube. Still can't make it work.
WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO:
1. Using XARA web designer I designed a website. One of the pages needs a photo gallery on it. I decided to embed a Juicebox gallery.
PROBLEMS I AM RUNNING INTO:
1. the webpage opens up in browser but it shows empty. No gallery. Probably a path error. Can't figure out which though. or maybe it's something else altogether:
WHAT I DID:
1. I installed Juicebox Builder (very nice by the way!) and created my gallery with a number of photos in it. So far so good.
2. At the "publish stage" I had some unanswered questions: I understand I can save the folder on my hard drive and give it anytime I chose (in my test I named it "karine_photo1")
3. BUT none of your help files mention anything about the next box: INDEX PAGE NAME. It defaults to "index.htm" but gives you the option to change it. I was not sure if I should rename the html file, why I should, and what the consequences would be if I did. In my mind my main web page is already called "index.htm" so I am wondering whether I can have another file named the same thing if it is stored in a subfolder or will it cause a problem with browsers? Bare with me I am not a pro at website building, despite what people think. I understand that if it not stored directly in my www folder it will not overwrite my current website index.html file. But is it not confusing to have two files with same name EVEN if they are not stored in the same folder? So I was tempted to rename it.
4. I therefore renamed the INDEX PAGE NAME to karine-photo1 (same as the folder containing the juicebox album")
5. I copied the html code and pasted it into my XARA webpage.
6. XARA automatically created a placeholder but failed to interpret the size from the code, Gave me a microscopic placeholder the size of 2 pixel LOL.
7. Having read your help files I then edited the code pasted to add the base url, replacing the "my_gallery_folder" with "karine_photo1"
<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
baseUrl : 'karine_photo1/',
containerId : 'juicebox-container',
galleryWidth : '800',
galleryHeight : '600',
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->
above is what I ended up with (is it correct?)
8. I then stretched the placeholder (just in case) to give it a decent size on the page, then saved the webpage.
9. I opened up Fillezilla and uploaded the entire karine_photo1 folder Juicebox created and put it directly in my www folder on my server. the www folder is where all the website files must be stored.
10. I then published the XARA website, which updated the html file for that photo1.html page where the juicebox gallery was embedded.
11. I then opened up a browser and typed the webpage address to check out my results (or lack thereof LOL), page loaded up just fine but BLANK (aka: no embedded gallery showing up).
Was it my renaming the index.html file to karine-photo1.html that caused the failure to see the gallery? if not, what is the problem and how do I fix it?
Ok this is it, you can see the page here: https://www.faithgranger.com/photos1.htm please disregard the certificate error (if any show up), Hostway messed up my Digicert certificate last night and they are in the process of reinstalling it. Hopefully by the time someone reads this, it will be fixed, but if not, now you know what is going on.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP and I hope this detailed post might help other rookies like me who will have similar questions / problem.