Topic: Multiple Galleries - common resources [SOLVED]

I have read the guide on Multiple Galleries and understand the recommendation of folders for each gallery to avoid pathing issues.

The jbcore folder and sub-folders seem to total about 280KB, so if this is repeated on a site with multiple galleries it starts to chew up unnecessary space? I am looking at building a site with 30 or more galleries included, this common resource would be consuming several megabytes of server space.

I assume that the jbcore folder and sub-folders are identical in all galleries?
If this is correct then is it possible to place this folder on the site just once as a resource and link each of the multiple galleries to it?

Thanks, Graham :)

Re: Multiple Galleries - common resources [SOLVED]

The only file within the 'jbcore' folder which may change from gallery to gallery is the 'pswd.php' file which contains the password for a gallery (if you choose to password-protect it).
Please see the Password Protection support section for details.

If you do not want to password-protect your galleries (or if you are happy to use the same password for all your galleries), then all your galleries can share a single instance of the entire 'jbcore' folder (rather than having an individual 'jbcore' folder for each gallery).
If you'd like to do this, then please see the Using an External jbcore Folder support section for details.

Essentially, all you need to do is upload a single 'jbcore' folder to somewhere on your web server and make sure that the 'juicebox.js file (from within the 'jbcore' folder) is loaded via a <script> tag on every page which contains a gallery.

3 (edited by Graham 2018-03-07 23:20:11)

Great, thanks for the comprehensive reply.
I have set the site up that way and it works like a charm.
Graham :)

You're welcome!
I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for letting me know.