Topic: Thumbnail not scaled in lite version?

I've fiddled with all the settings I can find in the lite version and thumbnails only show a piece of the image not a complete scaled down image ie someone's head is missing from the thumbnail.  The full pic is OK

Is this a pro option?

Re: Thumbnail not scaled in lite version?

Thumbnails in a Juicebox gallery are always the same size as each other.
In a Juicebox-Lite gallery, the thumbnails are all 85px x 85px.

The images are scaled to fill (not fit within) the thumbnail dimensions so, if the images have a different aspect ratio to that of the thumbnail dimensions, cropping will occur.

With Juicebox-Pro, you can change the thumbnail dimensions via the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options (see the Thumbnail Options) but please note that thumbnails will all still be the same size as each other.

I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing.

3 (edited by jimaga 2017-11-23 22:47:13)

With the pro version if I have both landscape and portrait views in the same gallery, can thumbnails both be seen 100%?  Also do the thumbwidth and thumbheight apply to the whole gallery or individual pics?  Thanks again.

With the pro version if I have both landscape and portrait views in the same gallery, can thumbnails both be seen 100%?

No. If you have a mix of both landscape and portrait images, then depending on your chosen values for thumbWidth and thumbHeight, either your landscape thumbnails or your portrait thumbnails will be cropped. (However, the main images in the gallery will be displayed in their entirety with no cropping, as long as imageScaleMode is set to SCALE or SCALE_DOWN.)

Also do the thumbwidth and thumbheight apply to the whole gallery or individual pics?  Thanks again.

thumbWidth and thumbHeight apply to the whole gallery. It is not possible to set thumbnail dimensions for each image separately.