Topic: Change the presets folder location?

Hey --

I really don't like where JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro puts its presets folder on my Mac. It's right in my Documents folder, which is not where I put files related to apps. Every time I delete it, if I open JuiceBox up again, it immediately recreates that folder in the same location.

How can I change this so JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro's presets folder lives somewhere else? I wish there was an option in the app to change its folder location.

Please let me know, and thank you,

Ian

Re: Change the presets folder location?

It is not possible to change where JuiceboxBuilder initially puts its own presets folder when the application is installed but you can copy the default preset files (and save your own) to anywhere you like.
You can then load a preset from the new location via 'Presets -> Load Preset...' from the drop-down menu at the top.
Likewise, you can save a custom preset to anywhere you like via 'Presets -> Save Preset...'.
The dialog window for loading and saving presets should remember the last used location each time it is opened.

Please note that the 'Load Preset' combobox (just above the 'Lite' configuration options) will always read the preset files from the original installed 'Documents' location. This cannot be changed.
If you want to store presets in a different location, then you'll need to use the 'Load Preset...' and 'Save Preset...' options from the drop-down menu at the top.

So there’s no way to remove that folder from my Documents folder and prevent it from reappearing? Can I make a feature request for a way to change that?

My goal is not to have any folder called “JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro” in my Documents. I use that folder for other things.

So there’s no way to remove that folder from my Documents folder and prevent it from reappearing?

That is correct.
If you delete the 'presets' folder from the 'Documents/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/' location, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will reinstate it (complete with all the default preset files) when the application is next started.
If you just delete the contents of the 'presets' folder, then JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will detect that a 'presets' folder is present and will leave it alone. (It will not populate the folder with the preset files that you have deleted.) However, you will still be left with an empty 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/' folder in your 'Documents' location.

Can I make a feature request for a way to change that?

Yes, certainly.
Please post suggestions for future versions in the Feature Requests forum thread:
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
I do not know the likelihood of any suggestions being implemented but this is certainly the best place for all ideas.
Thank you.