Topic: Pro version not allowing 50 images and doesn't show latest version

Ok So I responded to a few other existing posts but figured it might be good to start a new one since those were marked solved.

I have purchased the Pro version and installed it as a plugin on wordpress. I have already swapped the jbcore folder, the logo is gone and I even have pro options set. I am pulling images from Flickr. That being said, it only shows 50 images. I have 151 loaded and only 50 get displayed. I also noticed that when I check out the version number for the plugin on wordpress that is displays the older version (Version 1.5.0.1). Not sure if it was forgotten, or if it really isn't updating properly. Maybe this is a bug of the older version...?

The other thing I notice is even though I have ordered my Gallery on Flickr the images don't seem to follow the order I have placed them in... Not sure why.

And lastly... Would you happen to know how I can hide the gallery title from being visible. I don't want to not have one, since its easier to tell them apart in the wordpress back end, but I don't want it to actually display on the live gallery. I was trying: galleryTitle="" but it didn't seem to work. I think it is being overruled by the actual title I have entered... because it doesn't stay displayed in the Pro Options area.

Anyway. Sorry for all the questions. I am used to the standalone app so the wordpress version of it takes a little getting used to.

2 (edited by DSWUser 2017-09-20 19:49:36)

Re: Pro version not allowing 50 images and doesn't show latest version

Ok just as a follow up, it would appear that if I use the native wordpress "add photo" it allows more then 50, but i have photos on the page that I don't want in the gallery. So I was suggested to use Flickr... But if I use Flickr, it seems to cap at 50 even with the pro version. So upon yet further research I realized there is a Pro value to set to modify this from 50 to 500. So that eliminated that problem.

Still wondering about the version# though. But I am fairly certain after looking at some of the other files it may have just been forgotten during the update to change it to the newest version in the PHP file.

I am pulling images from Flickr. That being said, it only shows 50 images.

As you have discovered, if you use Flickr as a source of images, you may need to increase the flickrImageCount from its default value of 50 to a higher value (such as its maximum value of 500). (Incidentally, this maximum value is imposed by Flickr rather than Juicebox.)
In a WP-Juicebox gallery within WordPress, set flickrImageCount="500" in the 'Pro Options' text area.

I also noticed that when I check out the version number for the plugin on wordpress that is displays the older version (Version 1.5.0.1).
It sounds like you may have updated the plugin's 'jbcore' folder but not the plugin itself.
You can download the latest version of the plugin (v1.5.1) from its support page here.
(The only difference between WP-Juicebox v1.5.0 and WP-Juicebox v1.5.1 is the version of Juicebox-Lite that it comes bundled with. There is no other difference so if your plugin version is v1.5.0.1 and it uses the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 'jbcore' folder, then it's actually as up-to-date as it can be.)

The other thing I notice is even though I have ordered my Gallery on Flickr the images don't seem to follow the order I have placed them in... Not sure why.

Please see this FAQ:
How do I change the order of images from Flickr?

Please also see the flickrSort configuration option in the Flickr Pro Options.

You could also create Flickr sets (pointing towards them using the flickrSetId configuration option in the 'Pro Options' text area), in which case this FAQ should be useful:
How do I change the order of images in a Flickr Photo Set?

Would you happen to know how I can hide the gallery title from being visible.

Set galleryTitlePosition="NONE" in the 'Pro Options' text area and your Gallery Title will not be displayed in the gallery.

I was trying: galleryTitle="" but it didn't seem to work. I think it is being overruled by the actual title I have entered... because it doesn't stay displayed in the Pro Options area.

galleryTitle disappears from the 'Pro Options' text area as it is a Lite option which has its own input field in the gallery settings window. (Only one galleryTitle can be entered per gallery and only the specific 'Gallery Title' input field is used.)

Sorry for all the questions.

No problem.
I hope I've been able to clarify a few things for you.

Awesome that solved just about everything. However the Wordpress installation you pointed me at still lists the old version in the php file. I think they just forgot to update it. Check it out and let me know what you find. I only installed the Wordpress version in the last 3 days, so I would not have been able to get the older version since it was updated over a week ago.

Thank you for pointing this out. It is, indeed, an oversight.
The version number was updated in the 'readme.txt' file but not the 'wp-juicebox.php' file.
We will update the file on our servers as soon as possible.
However, please note that there was no change to the plugins's own files between v1.5.0.1 and v1.5.1 (the only difference being the bundled version of Juicebox-Lite) so, if your version reads v1.5.0.1 (whether it is actually v1.5.0.1 or v1.5.1 mislabelled) and you have upgraded the plugin with Juicebox-Pro, then you will have the latest files and full functionality.
Thanks again for letting me know.

Edit:
Updated 'wp-juicebox.zip' file now on server.
You can download it from the plugin's support page here.