Topic: Multi Size Image Support

I am creating XML config files manually, and am trying to get multi-size image support working.

an example of one of my image tags in the XML file:

<image smallImageURL="../gallery/597f8b73-9234-4a27-8cbf-0f4dc0a8192d.jpg" largeImageURL="../gallery/597f8b74-d7c4-427c-8d41-0f4dc0a8192d.jpg" imageURL="../gallery/597f8b73-23b8-4903-bac0-0f4dc0a8192d.jpg" purchaseURL="293025" thumbURL="../gallery/597f8b74-319c-4f72-a8cd-0f4dc0a8192d.jpg"/>

Although I can see that screen mode SMALL is being activated, I cannot see Juicebox loading the smallImageURL path, the only image used is the one defined in imageURL.

I'm also experiencing this behavior when creating XML files using the gallery builder. The docs aren't 100% clear when it comes to creating XMLs manually, should I be defining any additional properties, particularly in my config options (i.e. JSON object passed to JuiceBox()) ?

Thanks for any help

Re: Multi Size Image Support

All you need to do to have Multi-Size Image Support is provide smallImageURL and/or largeImageURL entries as attributes to each <image> tag (as you have already done). There are no additional configuration options to set.

The logic determining which image Juicebox will chose to be displayed is noted in the Multi-Size Image Support section.
The small image size will be used only for the main gallery images when the gallery is displayed in Small Screen Mode (on mobile and small screen devices).

Here is a sample Multi-Size Image gallery which clearly shows which image size is being displayed: the 'small', 'medium' and 'large' images have the text 'SMALL', 'MEDIUM' and 'LARGE' embedded within them respectively.
Try displaying the gallery in a desktop browser and on a mobile device and you'll hopefully see the expected image sizes being displayed.

Also, please ensure that you are using Juicebox-Pro (rather than Juicebox-Lite). Multi-Size Image Support is supported by Juicbeox-Pro only (and smallImageURL and largeImageURL entries are ignored by Juicebox-Lite).
If your gallery has a Juicebox logo in its lower-right corner, then it is Juicebox-Lite. Juicebox-Pro galleries do not feature this branding.

If you are having trouble with a particular gallery, then please post its URL so that I can check out the gallery for myself and hopefully help further.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick response, it looks as though the gallery was serving the medium image because I'm on a retina screen.

Everything else is working as expected, thanks!

Hugh

Thanks for the quick response, it looks as though the gallery was serving the medium image because I'm on a retina screen.

Yes, as noted in the Multi-Size Image Support section, 'medium' images are used in preference to 'small' images on retina screens in Small Screen Mode.

Everything else is working as expected, thanks!

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.