Topic: Saving Gallary

Okay this may sound weird and not sure why it is happening.

For starters I had installed JuiceBox on a Windows 7 PC and all was fine. Every since I upgraded the PC to Windows 10 I have been unable to use JuiceBox.

I use JuiceBox on my company website and really would like to make changes but it is not possible through the program.

I have been able to add and remove pictures from the current configuration by simply editing the config file manually. That is where is stands and not happy with that.

My problem is when I try to create a JuiceBox the first thing that happens every shortcut on my desktop gets copied into the directory with the gallery as well as an entire copy of my website from its storage location. This happens even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled JuiceBox and Adobe Air several times. None of this happened until Windows 10.

I have to assume there are some messed up registry keys that do not get cleaned up when JuiceBox is uninstalled.

Any help with this would be great as I do not want to have to wipe out this machine and reinstall everything just to make juicebox work properly.

Thanks

Re: Saving Gallary

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
It certainly sounds very strange and it's not something that I've ever seen myself (using Windows 10).
I don't think any registry entries would be responsible for the behavior that you are describing (but, in the absence of not knowing exactly what is causing the problem, I'm not ruling it out).

My problem is when I try to create a JuiceBox the first thing that happens every shortcut on my desktop gets copied into the directory with the gallery as well as an entire copy of my website from its storage location.

It might help to know where everything is located (drives and paths).
(1) Where are the images located that you are adding to your gallery?
(2) Where is the gallery folder located?
(3) Where is your website (in its storage location) located?

Are you able to do the following successfully?
(1) Open JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
(2) Click 'New Gallery...'.
(3) Drag and drop a couple of images into the 'Add Images' contol panel (on the 'Images' tab).
(4) Go to the 'Publish' tab and 'Save' the gallery to a new empty folder on your desktop.

When trying the above, are all your desktop shortcuts and a copy of your website copied into your gallery folder (which, for testing purposes, should have been a new empty folder before clicking 'Save') or does the gallery folder contain just the gallery files as expected?

If this works OK, then are you able to provide a detailed account of exactly what you do to trigger the problem (a series of steps that I can follow) and where everything is located so that I can try to replicate it for myself?

At the moment, it really is a mystery so the more additional information you can provide, the better.

Also, if the procedure above does work, then you could use this as a workaround: always save each gallery to a new empty folder and then just copy the gallery files to where you need them to be.

Keeping each gallery in its own separate folder (without any non-gallery files) should also help to keep things organized: you'll know where all the galleries are and that the gallery folders contain only gallery files.
You could then upload the complete gallery folders to your web server and embed the galleries into your web pages using the baseUrl method of embedding documented here. (It's basically the same as the regular method but with a baseUrl entry pointing towards the gallery folder.)

I cannot recommend that you search through the registry and delete all JuiceboxBuilder entries (any registry editing you do would be at your own risk) but here are a list of folders that remain after uninstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (and which you might like to delete manually between uninstallation and reinstallation of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro).

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

I hope these notes help (or at least point us in the right direction).