Topic: v1.5.1: Just to Confirm: Replacing /jbcore Sufficient? [SOLVED]

Steven:

At https://www.juicebox.net/support/upgrade/, there's a note in the section Upgrading Existing Galleries:

Alternatively you can replace the jbcore folder in the existing gallery folder with the one that comes in the latest download web folder.

Just to confirm: that option applies to 1.5.1?

I ask, because sometimes on new releases it has been necessary to regenerate galleries (as opposed to merely replacing the jbcore folder on web hosts).

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Bill P.

Re: v1.5.1: Just to Confirm: Replacing /jbcore Sufficient? [SOLVED]

If you are just upgrading an existing gallery from v1.5.0 to v1.5.1, then replacing a gallery's 'jbcore' folder is all that is necessary.

There are no changes to the gallery's embedding code (so no need to modify any of your HTML files), no changes to the syntax of the gallery's configuration file (so no need to modify any of your 'config.xml' files) and no changes to the gallery's structure (so no need to move or rename any gallery files).

I think you might be referring to a previous release whereby a meta tag was updated in the gallery's 'index.html' file and it was necessary to rebuild the gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to re-generate the 'index.html' file with the change. (Of course, this change was necessary only if you used the 'index.html' page to display the gallery on its own. If you embedded the gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then this change was not required. Also, it was possible to just change the meta tag manually instead of having to rebuild the gallery.) There is no such change between v1.5.0 and v1.5.1.

If you are using the jAlbum skin to generate an album of galleries, then please note that there have been a few changes to the album's 'index.html' page (to fix a few small bugs) so, if you use this menu page generated by the skin, I recommend updating the skin and rebuilding your album to take advantage of the changes. (Existing images should not be re-processed by jAlbum when you click the 'Make album' button so the rebuild should be very quick.)

Ah, yes, I should have been more specific.

Right you are, I had remembered that (one?) time, when the meta tag was updated. That precluded my using a Python script I wrote to replace my hundred or so jbcore directories (from a new jbcore folder I copy over to the server, upon new releases, for just that purpose -- see post https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147).

Since I use the jAlbum skin, "as is" -- no embedding or anything else tricky -- I guess I should go ahead and re-generate the galleries, since I gather I do, in fact, make use of the index.html jAlbum generates. (It's not as easy as using the Python script, because in the course of moving from a PC to a Mac, almost two years ago, I seemed to have lost track of some .jap files. OTOH, if I can't find them, they can't be that important to me and my occasional viewers.)

Thank you for your thorough and prompt answer.

Cheers,

Bill P.

You're welcome!