Topic: iPad and iPhone shows different galleries

Hi, I have setup galleries on my website using Juicebox pro. The problem is, when i view the galleries on my iphone and ipad, it doesnt show the gallery exactly as the computer. It just shows a BIG black box with text "7 images in this album" and I have to click on that to see the images. Why is that? I want all the devices to show the gallery the same way. Please help.

Re: iPad and iPhone shows different galleries

On mobile devices, Juicebox defaults to Small Screen Mode and, if the gallery is embedded in a web page alongside other content, displays a Splash Page which can then be clicked to open the gallery.
Please see the Screen Modes support section for further details.

If you wish the gallery to be displayed in place of the Splash Page on mobile devices, you can either set showSplashPage="NEVER" (to disable the Splash Page) or set screenMode="LARGE" (to force Large Screen Mode to be used).

If creating or editing your gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, the 'Show Splash Page' option can be found in the 'Customize -> Splash Page' section and the 'Screen Mode' option can be found in the 'Customize -> General' section.

3 (edited by uds 2012-09-02 02:18:01)

Thanks. I first installed Wordpress free Juicebox plugin and then I purchased PRO and copy and replaced the 'Core" folder. But I cant see the 'Customize -> Spash page options on my WP admin. I Still see the options I saw when I was on my free version. What am I doing wrong?

The 'Customize' section is a tab in the interface for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

The interface for WP-Juicebox (the Juicebox plugin for WordPress) does not have individual settings for each Pro Option.
Instead, you enter Pro Options into the 'Pro Options' text area. Pro Options are added one per line in the following format:

optionName = "optionValue"

... as documented in the Upgrading to Juicebox-Pro section at the bottom of the WP-Juicebox support page.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Ok. I got it and thats the way im using it on wordpress. I set the gallery to screenMode="AUTO" and it looks great on all the devices. The only problem is, on mobile phones, it shows "7 Images in gallery" and shows a big image so users can click and see the gallery. Its all good, but the problem is the hero image where it says "7 Imges etc" is too big on mobile devices and I cant seem to find how to resize it to fit the mobile size? Could you help me with it? An example is here, view this on an iphone http://www.roshellescakes.com.au/wedding-cakes

The default value for screenMode is 'AUTO' so setting screenMode="AUTO" will not make a difference to a gallery which does not already set screenMode to either 'SMALL' or 'LARGE'.
You would need to set either showSplashPage="NEVER" (to disable the Splash Page) or set screenMode="LARGE" (to force Large Screen Mode to be used).
In Small Screen Mode, the Splash Page is displayed in place of the gallery at the same dimensions as the gallery (as defined in the gallery's embedding code). The size of the Splash Page cannot be changed.