Topic: Juicebox plugin not working in Photoshop CC 2017

I installed the Juicebox plugin for Photoshop CC  from exchange.adobe.com
The Creative Cloud desktop app is active and Creative Cloud File Sync is turned on
but CC doesn't report that the Juicebox script has been installed.
The add-on also doesn't show up in the File>Scripts menu item of Photoshop.
In the Presets/Scripts/ of Photoshop als no Juicebox folder was created.

Uninstalled it, rebooted my iMac and installed it again but i stil didn't work.

After that I followed the insructions at https://juicebox.net/support/photoshop/  "Upgrading to Juicebox-Pro". But the folder Presets/Scripts/Juicebox didn't exist so I created it and pasted the "jbcore" folder as instructed in the newly created Juixebox folder and changed the name of the 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js.

Opened Photoshop and the Juicebox script now was available in the File>Scripts menu item of Photoshop CC  But after selecting an error message 25 popped up.

I made several attempts to get the script working but I didn't succeed.

Then I removed everything I installed, rebooted and downloaded the Photoshop CS2 to CS6 template. After installing the Lite version is now showing up in the Scripts menu and is working OK. Then followed the "Upgrading to  Juicebox-Pro" instructions. But off course now there's no "Juicebox" folder but a "juicebox_photoshop_template" folder in which I replaced the jbcore folder and changed the name of the 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js . Now photoshop has two juicebox scripts of which one script (the Lite version) is working an the  other is showing the error 25 message.

What can I do to get the Pro template working in Photoshop CC 2017 release 2017.1.1?

Error and system specs

http://www.nessile.nl/system.jpg

Re: Juicebox plugin not working in Photoshop CC 2017

Unfortunately, the Adobe auto-install mechanism seems to be a bit hit or miss, as I noted in this forum post. Perhaps you could try the suggestion in the post. (The thread is regarding CC 2015 but the suggestion might still help.)

If you are having trouble with the auto-install mechanism, I would certainly recommend installing the plugin manually (as you have done).
For others reading this, just download the 'Photoshop CS2 to CS6' zip version from the plugin's support page and follow the manual installation instructions. The resulting files in the 'Presets/Scripts/' folder will be exactly the same as if installing via Creative Cloud. Only the packaging of the files differs between the two methods.

Then followed the "Upgrading to  Juicebox-Pro" instructions. But off course now there's no "Juicebox" folder but a "juicebox_photoshop_template" folder in which I replaced the jbcore folder and changed the name of the 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js .

If you have installed the plugin manually, then to upgrade it to Pro:
(1) Replace the plugin's Lite 'jbcore' folder (in the 'Presets/Scripts/juicebox_photoshop_template/' directory) with the Pro 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro download zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/jbcore/').
(2) Navigate inside the 'Presets/Scripts/juicebox_photoshop_template/jbcore/' directory and rename the 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js'. (This prevents the Juicebox JavaScript file from appearing as an extra script in the 'File -> Scripts' list.)

Please note that upgrading the plugin to Pro (by replacing the plugin's 'jbcore' folder) does not change the plugin's interface.
All galleries subsequently created after upgrading the plugin will be Pro galleries (with no branding and no image limit) but only Lite options will be available in the plugin's interface. A gallery built with the Photoshop plugin can be opened in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to be configured with Pro options.

Now photoshop has two juicebox scripts of which one script (the Lite version) is working...

This is likely to be the version you installed manually and upgraded to Pro. You'll just not be seeing any difference in the plugin's interface but, if you create a gallery with the plugin, you should notice that there is no Juicebox logo in the lower-right corner of the gallery, indicating that the gallery is Pro. (The logo is present in all Lite galleries but not in Pro galleries.)

... an the  other is showing the error 25 message.

This is likely to be your first attempt (to upgrade a failed auto-install with the Pro 'jbcore' folder).

It sounds like you can probably delete your 'Presets/Scripts/Juicebox/' directory and keep your 'Presets/Scripts/juicebox_photoshop_template/' directory (the working plugin hopefully using the Pro 'jbcore' folder).

I hope these notes help to clarify a few things.

Steven, 

Your reply clarified a lot of things, especially the fact that the interface of the Photoshop plugin doesn't change after update to the Pro version which confused me. Everything up and running now, thanks.

You're welcome.

Just in case you're wondering, if you want to use an application which features all Pro configuration options in its interface, you could use either JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (the standalone program which comes with Juicebox-Pro) or the Juicebox-Pro Lightroom Plugin (if you are an Adobe Lightroom user).