Topic: Iframe JbbPro gallery not displaying in Chrome

Hi,

I have JbbPro galleries (in iframes) on a Wordpress website, that until just a few weeks ago were working perfect. All of a sudden, my galleries will not show up in Chrome (or Edge). They work in Firefox just fine. I'm pretty sure this is a Chrome issue, not JbbPro...however, I have not been successful in finding out why this may be happening.

Any ideas of where I should look for help would be VERY appreciated :)

Thanks so much, Cheryl B.

Here is a page where a gallery just evaporated in Chrome:
https://wraawrap.com/2017-tiny-treasures-exhibition/

Re: Iframe JbbPro gallery not displaying in Chrome

I notice that your iframe loads the following web page:
https://wraa_1954@03f8c79.netsolhost.com/SVPro_Galleries/tt_exhibit_2017_svpro/index.html

However, when this web page is entered directly into a browser's address bar, I see that the browser is redirected to this web page:
https://03f8c79.netsolhost.com/SVPro_Galleries/tt_exhibit_2017_svpro/index.html

I would try using the redirected URL above as the 'src' attribute for your iframe (essentially the same as the one you currently use but without "wraa_1954@" at the beginning).

I hope this helps.

This worked like a charm. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help on this. SvPro and Juicebox are the BEST....along with the folks at the controls. Happy day :)

I don't know why the problem happened in the first place (it sounds like updates to Chrome and Edge might have prevented redirects within iframes from working correctly) but I'm glad that my suggestion worked.
Thank you for letting me know.

Incidentally, just in case you are not aware, you can embed Juicebox galleries directly into WordPress pages and posts (without the need to use iframes) by using the baseUrl method of embedding documented here.
Essentially, once you have created a Juicebox gallery on your computer (perhaps with JuiceboxBuilder), you would upload the complete gallery folder to your web server and paste the baseUrl embedding code into the body of your WordPress page or post (ensuring that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'). It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.

Also, there is a dedicated Juicebox plugin for WordPress called WP-Juicebox which would allow you to create and manage galleries from within the WordPress dashboard. The plugin handles the embedding of the galleries automatically.
You can download WP-Juicebox from its support page here.

Great suggestions on embedding. The reason we do it like we do (through Filezilla, etc), is our galleries are used as a fundraiser, and they change almost daily as more donation entries come in. Eventually the will go static, but for now this is the best way I have figured out to make it work for us. I will sure keep your suggestions in mind for when the galleries go static. Sounds like it would be a better route all the way around! Our thanks, again :)

... this is the best way I have figured out to make it work for us.

If it works for you, that's absolutely fine: stick with it!