Topic: where is the languageList option?

I am using pro and i cannot find the languageList option in the lite tab.
How do i set this variable?

Re: where is the languageList option?

languageList is not featured in the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface. It is one of few options that needs to be set manually.

For reference, the languageList support section can be found here.
Instructions for setting configuration options (such as languageList) can be found here.

For example, you could set the languageList option in your gallery's embedding code as follows:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
  new juicebox({
    containerId: "juicebox-container",
    galleryWidth: "100%",
    galleryHeight: "100%",
    backgroundColor: "#222222",
    languageList: "Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Open Image in New Window|Images|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of|Send Email|Download"
  });
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

... or you could edit your gallery's 'config.xml' file in a plain text editor and add the languageList option as an attribute to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag (alongside the other options that your gallery uses):

<juiceboxgallery 

galleryTitle="This is a Juicebox gallery."
    useThumbDots="true"
    textColor="rgba(255,0,0,1)"
    languageList="Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Open Image in New Window|Images|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of|Send Email|Download"

>

Thank you
I have several galleries and i want all of them to use the same languageList definition.
How can I do that?

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to have multiple galleries share configuration options from a central location.
You'll just need to add the languageList option to each gallery's current list of options (see example above).

Steven @ Juicebox wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to have multiple galleries share configuration options from a central location.
You'll just need to add the languageList option to each gallery's current list of options (see example above).

Steven:

I use Juicebox Pro with the jAlbum skin, and have a specified languageList that I have saved in a sort of template that I use for my galleries. I open that template for each new gallery, and then do a Save As (name of new gallery), and then change the location of the source photos, etc.

Can't a similar methodology be employed when using JB Pro directly?

Cheers,

Bill P.

@wspollack

Yes, it would certainly be possible to create a template gallery and use this as a starting point for all subsequent galleries.
You could use the sample 'juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/' gallery from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 zip file, open its 'config.xml' file in a plain text editor, add the languageList you'd like to use (as an attribute to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag) and save the file.

Now, when you want to create a new gallery, you can open this modified sample gallery in JuiceboxBuilder (instead of clicking the 'New Gallery...' button and starting completely from scratch), add whatever images you like, configure the gallery as required and when you save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab, the languageList will still be in place (alongside the gallery's other configuration options in its 'config.xml' file) even though it never appears in the JuiceboxBuilder interface.

When the user said "I have several galleries and i want all of them to use the same languageList definition.", my suggestion (to just add the languageList manually to all individual galleries) might still be the easiest solution for existing galleries.

However, your suggestion is an excellent idea for creating new galleries going forward.
Thank you for pointing it out.