Topic: PNG to JPG conversion

Hi, I have a question. I make a Juicebox gallery in which i want to use few PNG files. When I import them to my gallery, they are being converted to JPG files. Even when the Resize Images checkbox is switched off. I don't want those PNG images to be converted or processed whatsoever. How to prevent that?

Re: PNG to JPG conversion

If the 'Resize Images' and 'Use Watermark' checkboxes are both deselected and you add GIF or PNG files to a gallery, then the resulting images (in the 'images' folder) will be your original GIF or PNG files but with incorrect file extensions (making them look like they are JPG files).
I have logged a bug report and this should be fixed in the next version of JuiceboxBuilder.
Unfortunately, the only workaround for this bug at the moment would be to change the file extensions of the images in the 'images' folder and also change the corresponding imageURL entries in the gallery's 'config.xml' file.
(A batch process in a file renaming program and a single global search and replace action in a text editor should work fine.)
Thank you for pointing out this problem.

Thanks for reply.

That might not be true.
The PNG Files are in the 50 kb region and the created JPG are at least +200 kb.
See screen shot

Post's attachments

Error_JuiceBox.png 226.97 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@JoergWenzel

Are you saying that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro processes your PNG images when the the 'Resize Images' checkbox is deselected?
This should not happen (and it does not happen in my own installation).

I've just double-checked and, with the 'Resize Images' checkbox deselected, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.5.0 just copies the source PNG files across to the gallery's 'images' folder (but with .jpg file extensions) with no processing or resizing at all.
The files in the gallery's 'images' folder are identical (byte-for-byte) to the source PNG files. (I've checked their SHA256 hashes.)

As long as both the 'Resize Images' and 'Use Watermark' checkboxes are deselected, the source images should be copied across to the gallery's 'images' folder untouched.

Please try again and make sure that you deselect the 'Resize Images' checkbox (like in your screenshot) and save the gallery to a new empty folder (to ensure that pre-existing files are not present in the gallery folder).

If you find that images are still being processed when the 'Resize Images' checkbox is deselected, then I cannot explain why but it might be wise to try uninstalling and then re-instaling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to see if this makes a difference.