Topic: 50 image limit on pro version? [SOLVED]

I just purchased and installed Juicebox pro.  I completely uninstalled Juicebox Lite.  I completely deleted the old output folder and created a brand new gallery

The customize page shows 1/81 images.  However when I view this gallery in a web browser it reports only 1/50 images.

What can I do??

Re: 50 image limit on pro version? [SOLVED]

First of all, please double-check to see if your gallery is using Juicebox-Lite (the free version) or Juicebox-Pro.
Juicebox-Lite has an image limit of 50 images per gallery whereas Juicebox-Pro has no such limit.
If your gallery displays a Juicebox logo in the lower right corner, then it is a Juicebox-Lite gallery. (Juicebox-Pro galleries do not feature this branding.)

If your gallery is a Juicebox-Lite gallery, then instructions for upgrading existing galleries can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.
Essentially, you can load and re-save your gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro or replace your gallery's existing 'jbcore' folder with the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 download zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/jbcore').

If your gallery is a Juicebox-Pro gallery and you use a Flickr account as an image source, you may need to increase the flickrImageCount from its default value of 50 to its maximum value of 500 on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab. (Incidentally, this maximum value is imposed by Flickr rather than Juicebox-Pro.)

Also, be sure to clear your browser's cache before reloading your gallery's page to ensure that your browser is using the latest versions of your gallery files from your web server (instead of perhaps using older cached ones).

I hope this helps.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, please email me back with the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.
Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.  I am using the pro version and do not have a flickr account.  I was able to fix the problem by creating a separate output folder and saving the new gallery to that location.  If I save the output to the default folder then I only get 50 images when I copy that folder to the web server.  Not sure what is going on but at least I have a work-around.  Thanks again for your help.

When creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, the Pro version of the 'jbcore' folder will always be used (and saved to the gallery folder). JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not contain the Juicebox-Lite 'jbcore' folder at all (so cannot create a Lite gallery).

The only thing I can think of is that you might have tried to save a Pro gallery to a folder containing a Lite gallery and, if you had the gallery open in a browser at the time of saving the gallery on the 'Publish' tab, then the browser could perhaps have had a temporary lock on the Lite 'jbcore' files, preventing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from overwriting them with the Pro versions.

In any case, I'm glad you've found a workaround for your problem (to save each new gallery to a separate empty folder).
Thank you for letting me know.

And thanks for your follow up.  I am enjoying the program now.  Cheers!

You're welcome!
I'm glad you're getting on well with Juicebox-Pro.

I am having this issue as well. I am using the Pro Version on wordpress and am pulling a gallery from Flickr. It definitely is Pro and I replaced the jbcore folder like instructed but still limited to 50 images.

@DSWUser

As I noted in this forum post above:

If your gallery is a Juicebox-Pro gallery and you use a Flickr account as an image source, you may need to increase the flickrImageCount from its default value of 50 to its maximum value of 500 on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab. (Incidentally, this maximum value is imposed by Flickr rather than Juicebox-Pro.)

In a WP-Juicebox gallery within WordPress, set flickrImageCount="500" in the 'Pro Options' text area.
This should solve your problem.