Topic: Captions

I am trying to change the option for the caption from overlay of image to below image.
I have done it in the config file as seen below, but it makes no difference. What am I missing?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<juiceboxgallery

galleryTitle="Caption"
    showOpenButton="false"
    useFullscreenExpand="false"
        captionPosition="BELOW_IMAGE"
>
  <image imageURL="images/IMG_1771 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/IMG_1771 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg"
    linkURL="images/IMG_1771 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg"
    linkTarget="_blank"
    sourcePath="C:\Users\Leif\Desktop\Caption\IMG_1771 - Copy - Copy (3).JPG">
    <title><![CDATA[]]></title>
    <caption><![CDATA[This is a test of the caption location]]></caption>
  </image>
  <image imageURL="images/ILRN0512.jpg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/ILRN0512.jpg"
    linkURL="images/ILRN0512.jpg"
    linkTarget="_blank"
    sourcePath="C:\Users\Leif\Desktop\Caption\ILRN0512.JPG">
    <title><![CDATA[]]></title>
    <caption><![CDATA[Also a test of caption]]></caption>
  </image>
</juiceboxgallery>

Re: Captions

captionPosition is a Pro configuration option which is not supported by Juicebox-Lite (the free version).
In Juicebox-Lite, the default value for captionPosition (OVERLAY_IMAGE) is always used.
Juicebox-Lite supports only the Lite Options listed in the Config Options page.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

If you like, Juicebox-Pro can be purchased from the download page here.
As well as having access to all Pro configuration options, Pro galleries have no image limit (Lite galleries are limited to 50 images) and no branding (Lite galleries feature a Juicebox logo in the lower right corner).

I was looking at a 13 page document which I downloaded: Lite Options  and on the last page it gave the Caption Options which I thought were valid for the lite version.
Is that an outdated document?

I was looking at a 13 page document which I downloaded...

I'm not sure what document you are referring to but, as far as I am aware, the Juicebox configuration options have only ever been listed on the Config Options page and the Lite Options have always had their own section (separate from all other sections which are marked as 'PRO' in the side menu and next to each section's heading).

... and on the last page it gave the Caption Options...

The Config Options page may have changed slightly since Juicebox was first released (5 years ago) but I'm pretty sure the Caption Options section has never been at the foot of the Config Options page and captionPosition has never been a Lite option.

In any case, the current documentation on the Config Options page is correct and, unfortunately, captionPosition is a Pro option which is not supported by Juicebox-Lite.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

Thanks for your quick response!

If I go to the pro option,
1.   Can I also change the caption font, size and bold beside the location?
2.   Can I delete any of the buttons on the top right side of the page. f.inst. I would not want the email button and others?
3.   If the caption is below the image, will it still show in full screen mode? The caption is often hard to read if it is located  on       top of the image.
4.   Does the music in the demo come included with the Pro version?
5    Can you also replace the music with any other?

Thanks,
Leif / Comteca

1.   Can I also change the caption font, size and bold beside the location?

Yes. The gallery font face can be changed via the galleryFontFace configuration option (Pro only). A short description of this option can be found in the General section of the Config Options page.
To change font sizes (and to use other styling such as bold), you can use HTML formatting in individual captions or CSS (to change the font size of all captions globally). Please see this forum post for details.

2.   Can I delete any of the buttons on the top right side of the page. f.inst. I would not want the email button and others?

Yes. You can choose which buttons you'd like to display on your gallery's Button Bar. Each button can be displayed (or hidden) individually. Please see the Button Bar section for details.

3.   If the caption is below the image, will it still show in full screen mode? The caption is often hard to read if it is located  on       top of the image.

Yes. Captions are still displayed in fullscreen mode. (Juicebox-Pro uses the same captionPosition value for both normal and fullscreen modes.) Try viewing this demo gallery and clinking the expand button to go fullscreen and you'll still see the captions.

4.   Does the music in the demo come included with the Pro version?

No.

5    Can you also replace the music with any other?

Yes. You can choose whatever audio track you like (subject to copyright). Please see the Adding Audio support section for details.

For reference, a list of all configuration options can be found here and the home page for our online support is here.

Again thanks for your quick and thorough reply.

You're welcome.