Topic: Need help/suggestions

I'm a part-time photographer, and I'm looking to upgrade the galleries I use for delivering online proofing and ordering.  I see that the Pro version of Juicebox offers integration with FotoMoto, however, I currently self-fulfill all my print orders.  I'm happy with my lab and I would like to keep that business model.  Is there a way to have a shopping cart function within Juicebox that only creates orders but doesn't attempt to process payment, or provide 3rd party print services? 

I love everything else about Juicebox and it would allow me to move away from my current flash based gallery system. 

Is anyone else using Juicebox in a similar fashion to what I describe.

FYI.  I'm trying to avoid paying monthly fees or commisions on order processing, since I only do a few paying jobs a year, however, do lots of family portraits and still need a better way for family members to create print orders than making a list of filenames and print sizes/amounts.

Thanks

Sean

Re: Need help/suggestions

The alternative to Fotomoto that Juicebox-Pro provides is the ability to assign each gallery image with a unique purchaseURL.
If a gallery image has been assigned a purchaseURL, then the Shopping Cart icon will appear in the gallery's Button Bar and the corresponding purchaseURL will be opened in a new tab.

It is not a fully formed alternative to Fotomoto but it provides a way to link images to individual purchase pages (for a different e-commerce solution).

The purchaseURLs do not need to link to pages from a third-party e-commerce package.
They could link to PayPal payment pages (for example) or just other web pages within your own site (perhaps with a contact form so that users could send you information about what products they require).

If you link to PHP pages, then you could set individual purchaseURLs with the image number included as a query string parameter, e.g.:

purchaseURL="http://www.example.com/purchase.php?image=7"

In your 'purchase.php' page, you could fetch the image number (to know which image's Shopping Cart button has been clicked) by using PHP $_GET.

Please see the Using Custom Purchase URLs support section for more information about how to set purchaseURLs.

It may require a lot of work to set up a custom alternative to Fotomoto but it is certainly possible and I hope that my notes above point you in the right direction.

3 (edited by fotomoto-support 2021-01-26 08:35:14)

Hi Sean and all,

Derek from Fotomoto here. Sorry I just found this post, but thought the answer might be helpful to anyone reading.

One of the main benefits of Fotomoto is that we can automatically print and fulfill orders for you, but it is completely possible to use Fotomoto to accept and manage orders, but print and fulfill the order yourself or at a 3rd-party lab. You just set your Order Processing preference to "Manual", and then with each order you can choose how you want to fulfill it. For more please see https://support.fotomoto.com/s/article/ … nt-options.

Hope that helps!
Derek

Thanks for the info, Derek. It's most appreciated!

fotomoto-support wrote:

Hi Sean and all,

Derek from Fotomoto here. Sorry I just found this post, but thought the answer might be helpful to anyone reading.

One of the main benefits of Fotomoto is that we can automatically print and fulfill orders for you, but it is completely possible to use Fotomoto to accept and manage orders, but print and fulfill the order yourself or at a 3rd-party lab. You just set your Order Processing preference to "Manual", and then with each order you can choose how you want to fulfill it. For more please see https://support.fotomoto.com/s/article/ … nt-options.

Hope that helps!
Derek

I have a question for Derek,  how does the payment process work in this situation?
Do I have the ability to customize the options when I sign up for a Fotomoto account?

Thanks

Bob

@byuen

Derek is a member of Fotomoto staff and only pops in here from time to time.
If you like, you could direct your queries directly to Fotomoto via their online Contact Customer Support page.
Fotomoto Contact Customer Support: https://support.fotomoto.com/s/contactsupport

I hope this points you in the right direction.