Topic: Expand gallery [SOLVED]

When returning to an embedded gallery page from an expanded gallery, the embedded page does not disply the gallery properly. The gallery page is wider than the browser window! Horizontal scroll bars are added to the browser window and the image is not centered. You must scroll to see the whole image or to make buttons visable.
This is not consistent. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Sometimes if the browser full screen button (not the juicebox expand button) is pressed and then leave the browser full screen, the problem goes away. Only somtimes!
Seems to happen with all browsers and all OS's.

URL thar you can see this:
http://berniehermanphoto.com/galleries/mountainskies/

Re: Expand gallery [SOLVED]

Thank you for reporting this problem.
I have notified the developers.

It might help if you were to change useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" to useFullscreenExpand="FALSE".
I realise that this is not ideal (as it disables the fullscreen expand experience) but it might be a suitable workaround until the issue is addressed.

Unfortunately the suggested work around is not acceptable, as the main reason I chose JB was for it's full screen capabilty.
I will await the developer's fix.

OK, I understand. This issue has now been officially logged as a bug and it will be addressed by the developers in due course.
Thank you for your patience.

We have the exact same problem described here. When returning from full screen, horizontal scroll bars are added to the browser.
How do we solve this?

Example:
http://qua2016.ojogo.pt/multimedia/foto … 13375.html

@compras.online

A bug report has been logged with the developers and the problem should be fixed in the next version of Juicebox.
Unfortunately, I am unable to give you a time-frame as to when this issue might be addressed. (Any estimate I give
you could turn out to be inaccurate. I really do not know when the next version of Juicebox will be released.)

As I noted in a post above, it might help if you were to change useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" to useFullscreenExpand="FALSE" (or set expandInNewPage="TRUE").
I realise that this is not ideal (as it disables the fullscreen expand experience) but it should be a suitable workaround until the problem is fixed.

Alternatively, try adding the following CSS to the <head> section of your gallery's web page.

<style type="text/css">
    body {
        overflow-x: hidden !important;
    }
</style>

This should prevent a horizontal scroll bar from ever appearing on your web page and you should be able to continue using useFullscreenExpand="TRUE".

I hope this helps.

We have the same problem. In our case, everything works fine if you press ESC instead of the button on the top right. Temporary solution: You can hide the button using CSS until next release with fixed bug is published.

.jb-bb-button.jb-bb-btn-full-screen.jb-bb-btn-de-full-screen {display:none;}

@th_giger

Thank you for sharing your workaround, although my own tests show that it may not work for all cases. (I have a test gallery which still displays a horizontal scroll bar when closing the expanded gallery via the ESC key.)
Hopefully it will help some users, though.

This issue has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.5.1 which has just been released (25 August 2017).
Please see the Version History for a full list of changes.
Full instructions for upgrading can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.