Topic: Fullscreen expand issue [SOLVED]

I'd like to see the Expand Gallery option on the Button Bar work even with Gallery Width and Height set at 100%.

As it currently stands it only works at less than 100%. I use a patterned background on my gallery, so setting the width & height to less than 100% to enable the Expand Gallery option leaves my design with an odd border that's aesthetically unpleasing.

It's a shame because the gallery looks great once expanded to a full window (without the url or tabs bar showing), I just don't want to create a border around my gallery for this option to work.

Re: Fullscreen expand issue [SOLVED]

Set useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite' options) and the Expand Button will be displayed on the Button Bar (even in a 100% x 100% gallery) and the gallery will be expanded fullscreen as long as the browser supports the Fullscreen API.

Here's a demo with a 100% x 100% gallery with useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" and the Expand Button displayed on the Button Bar (third icon from the left): https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/full/

I hope this helps.

If you have a gallery that you're having trouble with, please let me know (and provide a link so that I can see the problem for myself) and I'll move your query to a new thread of its own.
Thank you.

3 (edited by 83.Robin 2017-02-27 13:29:28)

@Steven @ Juicebox

Set useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite' options) and the Expand Button will be displayed on the Button Bar (even in a 100% x 100% gallery) and the gallery will be expanded fullscreen as long as the browser supports the Fullscreen API.

I've set this up on all my galleries, but it's still not showing up. I'm typically using Chrome but it doesn't show on Firefox or IE either.

Here's a standard gallery on my site, every gallery has an identical set-up so whatever settings you can see on this one you will be the same on them all. Can I PM you the password?

http://www.83photography.co.uk/gallerie … 16/vessey/

Many thanks for providing the link to your gallery.

The problem is that you've set expandInNewPage="TRUE" (in conjunction with useFullscreenExpand="TRUE").
The gallery can be expanded either on top of its own embedding page (with useFullscreenExpand="TRUE" or useFullscreenExpand="TRUE") or on a new page of its own (by setting expandInNewPage="TRUE").
The gallery can be displayed using the Fullscreen API only when it is expanded on its own embedding page. (The Fullscreen API cannot be invoked when the gallery is expanded on a new page.)

Therefore, when expandInNewPage="TRUE", useFullscreenExpand is redundant and it not used.
Just set expandInNewPage="AUTO" (or remove the entry completely as the default value for this option is AUTO) and this should resolve your problem.

Incidentally, when expandInNewPage="TRUE" (and useFullscreenExpand is not used), the Expand Button will be displayed on the Button Bar only if the gallery is embedded at less that 100% x 100%.

Please let me know how you get on. Thank you.

[Posts split from Feature Request forum to new thread.]

Cheers Steve,

That's fully cleared up the problem!

That's great!
Thank you for letting me know.