Topic: Images not displaying

Hi Steven, I have more or less the same problem. Suddenlyall my galeries that I published for3 years do not appear when I am connected. Thumbs are black and the pictures do not appear. The galeries work fine on local, but not on the web. This happens only with my computer, not with another computer. I did not change anything in my process. I am on Mac OS El Capitan.
Can you please help me?
I send you a link on one of the galeries:
http://www.helenebarnaud.com/BLOG/GAL_NEW_ZEALAND_3/

Thank you
Helene

Re: Images not displaying

Suddenlyall my galeries that I published for3 years do not appear when I am connected.

If you have not changed anything with regard to your gallery, then the gallery's code and files should remain constant and should still display fine as it did in the past.
What you say above certainly sounds like a server issue.
I would recommend that you contact your web host and ask them if they have been experiencing any issues lately that might be contributing to your problem.

Thumbs are black and the pictures do not appear.

Looking at your gallery's 'config.xml' file, the 10th image in your gallery (for example) should be located here: http://www.helenebarnaud.com/BLOG/GAL_N … _NORTH.jpg
However, going directly to that location directly in a browser (bypassing Juicebox entirely) results in an error 404 (file not found).
It looks like your gallery's images may no longer be located in their correct locations (or at all) on your web server.
If your web host has been experiencing problems, then maybe they have had to reinstate your web site using an incomplete backup.
Please check that your image and thumbnail files are in their correct locations on your web server and that their permissions (and the permissions of the 'images' and 'thumbs' folder themselves) are not too restrictive.
Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.
You can check and change permissions with an FTP program such as Filezilla or via your web hosting account's online file manager.

This happens only with my computer, not with another computer.

When I get an error 404 (trying to view image #10, for example), this indicates that there is a problem with the images on your web server. If you find a computer that displays your gallery fine, then it may be because the browser on that computer has viewed your gallery before and has cached your gallery files.

If you are sure that your gallery was complete and working OK but now is not, then some images certainly seem to be missing from your web server at the moment and your web host might be able to help you further (or at least explain why some images are missing).

If you have a local copy of your gallery on your computer, then perhaps the best course of action would just be to upload all the images to your web server again.