1 (edited by bparker 2017-01-25 21:14:06)

Topic: Drupal 7 Juicebox Gallery is Blank [SOLVED]

Hi! I am trying to use a Juicebox Gallery in my Drupal 7 site. I added the files through FTP and installed the module, and I'm trying to change the "Image" field on my content type to display as a juicebox gallery. The problem is that none of my images display. The gallery doesn't display either. It's just a blank page. It works fine for my Flexslider installed, so I know that works.

I'm following what is presented in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hS0hMeKC8. I've seen other instructions as well, but they're all similar. I've tried some of the minute differences and still had no luck.

I checked for JavaScript errors, but no luck. My status report shows that the Juicebox is green, so that's not the problem. I've posted on other forums but had no answer. I made sure all my folder permissions were at least 755. I also tried it using Bartik theme. No luck.

Any idea why this is happening?

Here's a link to my site: http://ccdrupal.dor.org/this-is-my-first-gallery#.
The gallery should display after "Images:".

Thanks,
BParker

Re: Drupal 7 Juicebox Gallery is Blank [SOLVED]

It looks like your gallery is embedded correctly and is actually working OK.
The problem seems to be with the visibility of the gallery on your page. (The gallery is working fine, you just can't see it.)
Taking a look at your page with my browser's developer tools, your <div class="field-items"> container (one of the gallery's parent containers) has zero width (so nothing in the container is visible).
I'm not sure why this might be but I hope it points you in the right direction.

Also, I notice that there are some HTML errors (unclosed elements and stray end tags) on your web page which might cause problems for browsers determining where containers start and end, resulting in CSS rules being applied in unexpected places.
You can check your web page for HTML errors with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported.
I do not know how much manual code you use on your web page (or if it is all generated automatically by Drupal) so I do not know how easy it might be to fix the HTML errors. However, trying a different theme (even temporarily for testing purposes) might help.

I hope these notes help.

Thank you! That was it, more or less. Wow, that was frustrating. I guess that's why some of my other galleries didn't work either. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, providing it quickly, and also giving a detailed and thorough solution.

This is how forum help should be! :) Thank you again!!

You're welcome.
I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction and that you've been able to resolve your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.