1 (edited by johnatsw19 2016-12-28 09:10:54)

Topic: Problem with jbcore password file [SOLVED]

Hi!
I've enabled password in my juicebox Pro gallery and now want to configure the password and recovery email etc.
I see that I need to change the pswd.php file within the jbcore folder within the gallery files.
My issue is that the jbcore folder and related files have not been posted/created.
I've tried to copy from another gallery but the password and recovery prompt/email remains the default set.
When I examine my other galleries turns out some have jbcore folders, some don't.
Can you help please?
Many thanks!

Re: Problem with jbcore password file [SOLVED]

When I examine my other galleries turns out some have jbcore folders, some don't.

All galleries use a 'jbcore' folder (the 'juicebox.js' JavaScript file will be loaded into every web page than contains a Juicebox gallery). However, it is possible that not all Juicebox galleries will have their own 'jbcore' folder.
Galleries that are on the same web page will share a single 'jbcore' folder and gallery that are not on the same web page can share a single 'jbcore' folder. (Please see the Using an External jbcore Folder support section for details.)

Every gallery created by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will have its own 'jbcore' folder but I do not know how you embed your galleries into your web pages and if any of your galleries share a 'jbcore' folder.

All galleries that share a 'jbcore' folder will also share a password (in the 'jbcore/pswd.php' file).

When you edit the 'jbcore/pswd.php' file to change the password, be sure to use a plain text editor such as Notepad++ (not a word processor or rich text editor which can introduce hidden formatting and break the PHP code) and add your chosen password (or passwords) in the $passwords array. Also, make sure that you use regular double-quotes around each password (rather than other characters such as angled quotes or backticks).

You should be able to tell where the 'jbcore' folder for a particular gallery is located on your server by checking the source of the gallery's web page in your browser and looking for the <script> tag that points towards the 'juicebox.s' file.

If you're having trouble with a particular gallery, please post back with a link to it so that I can take a look for myself and hopefully help further.

Hi!
Thanks so much for the response.
I'm still having trouble.
Here's the juicebox page I'm struggling with:
http://www.thehennesseys.co.uk/showkase/christmas-2017/

When I created this page no jbcore folder was created.  So I copied one over from a juicebox page where such a folder had been created and then changed the password array and the formtext array, but it is still defaulting to the juicebox password and example email address.

I'm probably doing something dumb!
Thanks for your help!

John

Many thanks for the link. I see that you are using Showkase.
Each Juicebox gallery in a Showkase site has its own 'jbcore' folder but when a Juicebox gallery page is created, Showkase copies a master 'jbcore' folder to the gallery's own directory. Therefore, all Juicebox galleries in a Showkase site technically have their own 'jbcore' folder but all the 'jbcore' folders are the same (so all Juicebox galleries in a Showkase site share the same password).
To set the password for all Juicebox galleries in your Showkase site, you'll need to edit the following file and then republish your site afterwards (just click the 'Publish' button) to copy the master 'jbcore' folder across to all the gallery directories.

/showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore/pswd.php

I hope this helps.

Hi!
Thanks again for the reply and your help.
I edited the pswd.php file at showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore
I then republished the site.
Unfortunately the password protected juicebox pages all now return 'cannot load password' error.
You can check this  page out to see:
http://www.thehennesseys.co.uk/showkase/christmas-2017/
I even created a brand new page just in case:
http://www.thehennesseys.co.uk/showkase … as-2017-1/
...which also returns the same error...

Thanks for all your help.
John

Having spent quite some time attempting to solve this, it would appear that as soon as a password or even the 'help@example.com' text is changed, the password login returns an error...I have reinstated the example pswd.php file and it's working, but clearly not as required as this is just in 'demo' mode.
Any help welcome, thanks!
John

It certainly sounds like there may be a problem with the formatting of the 'pswd.php' file.
It might be best if I could take a look at the file you are using to see if I can see any problems with it.
Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

Hi!
Thanks for all your help with this.
Turns out that my TextEdit app on my mac was defaulting to rich text and needed to be switched to plain text.  Even though the text looked 'plain' it was clearly embedding RTF in the pswd.php file.
Really appreciate all your help.
Thanks!

You're welcome!
I'm glad that everything has worked out in the end.