401 (edited by 3dworks 2016-10-27 12:45:15)

Re: Feature Requests

2 feature requests for the lightroom plugin

1. provide an option to set the password and the reply email address directly within the plugin.

2.  a feature which would make your solution very popular as a client review tool: provide a simple rating (with up to five stars) and a text comment system which keeps ratings and comments reviewable for the visitor of the gallery. you could easily ask a bit higher price for such a 'image proof' version, as imo this is one of the biggest features missing in LR - there are only plugins connected to cloud services featuring this. one example is evlaa.

cheers

markus

It would be great if there could be video embedded support, like youtube iframes.

Chad

403 (edited by kilooloogung 2016-12-06 09:48:05)

In Small Image Mode, buttons to navigate between images or between 'sets' of thumbnails don't appear. This is fine because devices with small screens have touch screens and users can swipe.

iPads use Large Screen Mode by default and navigation buttons appear but aren't needed (except maybe as a hint to users about what to do), because swiping can be used.

Feature Request (unless I'm missing something):
Option to hide navigation buttons for touch screens regardless of screen resolution.

Maybe a new configuration option: "showThumbNav" defaulting to TRUE (always show thumb nav buttons as at present), with options of AUTO (hide thumb nav buttons on touch screens), and FALSE (never show).

Thanks,

Brian

My feature request (above) may not be required if this way of getting what I want works reliably (it seems to, so far):

<script>
        var jb = new juicebox({
        containerId: 'juicebox-container'});

var is_touch_device = 'ontouchstart' in document.documentElement;
        var touch_status = (is_touch_device) ? 'touch' : 'no-touch';
        var screenmode = jb.getScreenMode();
        jb.onInitComplete = function(e){
            if (screenmode == 'LARGE' && touch_status == "touch"){
                $('.jbn-right-button, .jbn-left-button').css('display','none')
                ;}
            ;}
        jb.onThumbPageChange = function(e){
            if (screenmode == 'LARGE' && touch_status == "touch"){
                $('.jbn-right-button, .jbn-left-button').css('display','none')
                ;}
            ;}
    </script>

although I'm not convinced that detecting a touch screen in this way is reliable. A new "showThumbNav" would be better...

I'll confess that I haven't read through all 17 pages of feature requests.  So feature request #1 would be to restructure these to make them easier to follow, maybe separate into "already accomplished", "not feasible or desirable" and "pending". 

Second, I found this response to a request from back in 2012:
"It is not possible to change the default values in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (such as the selected 'Resize Images' checkbox).
It is also not possible to automatically load a Preset on launching the application."

Assuming this is still true:  could you reconsider.  For me, at least, not being able to set a preference to read the captions from IPTC data creates a lot of extra work.  This, and a few other "preferences" such as:  setting Gallery title above the album and centering, positioning caption below the image and centering, always setting autoplay on, would be GREAT to be able to set as standard preferences which would always be on unless explicitly overridden.  Maybe have a default.xml file that would always be loaded and then could be overridden by one of the xml files shown in presets.

fkelly12054 wrote:

I'll confess that I haven't read through all 17 pages of feature requests.  So feature request #1 would be to restructure these to make them easier to follow, maybe separate into "already accomplished", "not feasible or desirable" and "pending". 

Second, I found this response to a request from back in 2012:
"It is not possible to change the default values in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (such as the selected 'Resize Images' checkbox).
It is also not possible to automatically load a Preset on launching the application."

Assuming this is still true:  could you reconsider.  For me, at least, not being able to set a preference to read the captions from IPTC data creates a lot of extra work.  This, and a few other "preferences" such as:  setting Gallery title above the album and centering, positioning caption below the image and centering, always setting autoplay on, would be GREAT to be able to set as standard preferences which would always be on unless explicitly overridden.  Maybe have a default.xml file that would always be loaded and then could be overridden by one of the xml files shown in presets.

I'm with you. It must be very difficult.

I don't use Juicebox Builder, but I can imagine your frustration. I use Jalbum, and then its Juicebox skin, for my galleries, of which I've made almost 100 by now. I have a Jalbum/Juicebox gallery that I named 000template.jap, which has all the options I want to set already in place. So when I want to create a new gallery, I tell Jalbum to open that pseudo gallery, then change the locations of the input and output photos, and do a Save As to an appropriate .jap file. And I may change one or two of my pre-set options, or maybe not.

I gather that this is the sort of thing you're trying to accomplish with JB Pro, and I don't blame you for being disappointed for not being able to do that.

Good luck,

Bill P.

@fkelly12054 & @wspollack

You could certainly save a combination of options in a Preset of your own (see the Preset section in the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide) and load the preset to apply the Preset values to the gallery being created or edited in JuiceboxBuilder. A preset can store information such as gallery configuration options on the 'Customize' tab (e.g. galleryTitlePosition, AutoPlay options) and other options such as the state of the 'Resize Images' checkbox on the 'Images' tab.
You could also load a dummy gallery with the options you want to use (and then delete the dummy gallery's images and add new ones).
Either of these options would be similar to opening a project file in jAlbum (though not identical... the applications are very different to each other).

The reason that image titles and captions are not immediately overwritten when a Preset file is loaded is that all custom image titles and captions (text entered manually by a user) would be lost.
For example, the possible 'Images -> Titles' values are: Use File Name, Use IPTC Title, None.
A Preset file will save the 'Images -> Titles' selection in the drop-down menu but, if the selection was applied when the Preset was loaded, then all image titles (for all images present in the gallery when the Preset file was loaded) would then be changed to the image file names, the IPTC Title or blank. All custom text would be lost and the user would have to enter it all again.
However, all images subsequently added after the Preset has been loaded will have their titles populated by the 'Images -> Titles' selection from the Preset.

I realise that this is perhaps not how you would like JuiceboxBuilder to work but I hope it helps to clarify why things work the way they do.

Thank you for posting your suggestions and Feedback here.
I'm sure the developers will at least take into consideration your idea to have a default values option (to avoid the need to load a Preset or a dummy gallery) but I really do not know what may or may not be implemented in future versions.

As one of the previous users already mentioned, didn't go through all the pages of feature requests.

BUT, I'd like to enforce Chad's request (below) for video support. Hopefully this will make it onto JB-Pro. Love this software!

chad_uwice wrote:

It would be great if there could be video embedded support, like youtube iframes.

Chad

Control of Caption Position in Small Screen mode. Picture has never the size of the mobile screen.

FEATURE REQUEST - COLOR MANAGEMENT WHEN RESIZING IMAGES

Hi, I would like to see preservation of color profiles when resizing images for a gallery. Or option to assign a default color profile information to the resized images. Below is a conversation I've had with tech support:

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Steven Speirs <steven@juicebox.net> wrote:

Hello.

Unfortunately, as you have discovered, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not retain metadata (such as ICC color profiles) in images that have been processed (either resized or watermarked) for use in a gallery.
    In order to have metadata in gallery images, you could resize the images for your gallery in an imaging program which is able to retain metadata (such as Adobe Photoshop) prior to feeding them to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and deselect the 'Resize Images' and 'Use Watermark' checkboxes on the 'Images' tab. JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will then just copy the images directly across to the gallery's 'images' folder (complete with any metadata that they may have embedded within them) without processing them at all.

Incidentally, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not intentionally strip out the metadata. It is a side-effect of the way that images are resized. In resizing an image, a new image is created from the original image's pixels (using a suitable algorithm) and the metadata is not actually part of the process. In order to retain metadata, it would likely be necessary to extract all metadata from the source image, store it somewhere temporarily and embed it into the resized image. With all the different metadata formats available (e.g. EXIF, IPTC, XMP, ICC) and all their possible values, this is likely to be quite a complex task (and I do not know if this is even possible within an Adobe AIR application such as JuiceboxBuilder-Pro).

I hope this at least sheds some light on what is happening. (JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not have a specific method to remove metadata. The non-retention of metadata is simply a side-effect of processing images the way that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does.)

Processing images prior to using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and instructing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to use these images for the gallery (without any further processing) would be the best workaround at present.

You might like to suggest your idea in the Feature Requests forum thread: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5
    This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
    I do not know the likelihood of any suggestions being implemented (and I do not know if it would be possible to retain ICC color profiles using Adobe AIR) but this is certainly the best place for all ideas.
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Steven Speirs
    Juicebox Support Team

>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     while I love the Juicebox slideshow builder, I have one problem. The images in the gallery that Juicebox builder creates seem to have no colour profile embedded - the original images are in sRGB, however in the slideshow they show up too saturated on the screen, i.e. they have no colour profile embedded. So far I have had to go and re-apply the colour profiles to each individual image in the slideshow folder, however this is cumbersome and annoying. Is there a way for the juice box software to keep the colour profile when resizing and making its copies of the images, or to save each image with an sRGB profile embedded?
>>
>>     Many thanks,
>>

>>
>>

With the future of Flickr in question I was hoping that Simpleviewer and Juicebox might work with M.S. Onedrive Photos and/or Google Drive Photos, two other places I use to store photos and videos, kind how Simpleviewer and Juicebox now work with Flickr and Wordpress.  I see there is an option for Picasa Web Album, and NextGen Gallery when making a gallery in with the Wordpress plugin but considering Picasa is no longer I'm hoping that Simpleviewer and Juicebox will soon work with Google Drive Photos and Onedrive Photos???...

@gkwphoto.com

Thank you for your suggestion.
Just for clarification, the Picasa Web Album option within the WordPress plugins is still there as it can still be used to display Picasa Web Albums created prior to Google's acquisition of Picasa. After Google took over Picasa, they (for a very short period of time) allowed the Picasa Web Album API to be used to display Google Photos but this is no longer possible.
In any case, I appreciate you taking the time to post your request here and I'm sure the developers will consider it.
Thank you.

413 (edited by arachnid 2017-01-27 12:09:31)

Feature request
Use of VW and VH as correct values for GalleryWidth and GalleryHeight. This will make it a lot easier to make the gallery responsive.

414 (edited by arachnid 2017-01-27 12:09:45)

Feature request
Please create an API to reload or refresh any Juicebox gallery. I was thinking like:
jb.refresh
or
jb.reload

My feature requests:

1) To be able to play MP4 video from JuiceBox (my galleries are mixed photos & video).  I'm not talking about embedding YouTube/Vimeo/etc - I just mean to be able to play a static MP4 file on my web server.

2) To be able to programmatically generate a gallery without having to create config.xml/config.json.  I'd like to generate the HTML and specify the images in the juicebox constructor, instead of having *2* dynamic pages (one to for the page, and a second for the config.xml). 

Otherwise, thanks for the great gallery.  :-)

Hello everyone behind the Juicebox!!

I would like the viewers to have a possibility to mark or rate the images they like the most and to share the best images or send the file list with an email

An another and simpler way to use the shopping cart?

Thank You for the nice job!!!

Best regards,

David

417 (edited by wifiguys 2017-03-13 20:32:33)

Time Lapse Feature Request

Hi Guys

Can you add timelapse feature.

You can configure the timing parameters, how often grabbing image to store on local web server and length of history. Minutes, hours, days etc.

When you click on the image to goes to full page and as you move the mouse across the screen, it changes the images giving you a timelapse sequence.

Here is an example: http://www.takeabreak.co.nz/webcams/48/pukenui_webcam

Cheers

Matt

PS: Here is my collection of cameras so far. http://wifiguys.co.nz/webcams/

Not sure if this is on this list or not, but the ability to create purchase URLs for all images using a combination of variables.  $imageName, $GalleryName, etc.  I'm currently using a custom PHP function to build the purchaseURLS after gallery creation.

It would be great if there are different display options for normal view and fullscreen mode. For example: You can set imageScaleMode="FILL" for normal view and imageScaleMode="SCALE" for fullscreen.

If you actually use "FILL", the fullscreen mode is not very useful because of the enormous variety of screen sizes (especially with the upcoming wide screens).

Hi Stephen,
When can new expect a new build of Juicebox?

@arachnid

Hi. We're currently active working on a new version. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when it will be ready.
I'm sorry I can't give you a better estimate of when the next version might be released but I can at least reassure you that we are busy behind the scenes fixing bugs (including the gallery sizing bug you reported in this forum thread) and preparing the next version.

Anyone who would like to be notified when new versions are released can join our mailing list at the foot of our homepage, keep an eye on our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter @JuiceboxGallery or subscribe to our blog RSS feed.

Feature Request: In the Lightroom plugin, add to the metadata options in the Output Settings so they are the same as the LR Export dialog, particularly Include: 'All Except Camera & Camera Raw Info". Without this I have to export the images from LR and import them into JB. Neither of the existing options are suitable.

At this very moment in v1.5 it's not possible to use the Download Button for Flickr galleries. It would be nice if that would actually be possible. A lot of users of our website would like to download photos of our annual event on their smartphones as well, but that's not possible on mobile devices without the Flickr app. :(
Since we have ~30 GB of photos it's not really feasible to upload them to our web hosting... ;)

With most DSLR's, smart phones and drones being capable of video (in addition to still photos), support for video would probably be a very well received feature to build into Showkase and its gallery viewers.

Please add a payment module.

I also want to correspond to the settlement system other than Fotomoto.
For example, "Stripe" (https://stripe.com/jp), Paypal etc.