Topic: Open Images in New Window not working

Hi,

When I click on Open Image in New Window button, it redirects to my home page. How do I fix this?

My website is a Wordpress site, setup as mydomain.com containing the index.php redirects to mydomain.com/folder, where folder is where my Wordpress is setup.

Re: Open Images in New Window not working

Please check the linkURL entries in your gallery's XML file.
The 'Open Image' button opens the corresponding linkURLs. In order for the images to be used, the linkURLs must either be the same as the imageURLs or empty (in which case Juicebox will use the imageURLs by default).
It sounds like you might currently have the URL to your home page as your linkURLs.

Steven wrote:

Please check the linkURL entries in your gallery's XML file.
The 'Open Image' button opens the corresponding linkURLs. In order for the images to be used, the linkURLs must either be the same as the imageURLs or empty (in which case Juicebox will use the imageURLs by default).
It sounds like you might currently have the URL to your home page as your linkURLs.

Thanks, that fixed the problem. However, is there a way to automate this? Because on a large gallery it will take considerable amount of time to delete all of them manually.

The quickest and easiest way to delete all linkURL entries from a gallery's XML file in a single action would be to use the global search and replace functionality of a text editor.

For example, you could use Notepad++ (free) and do the following:
(1) Open your gallery's XML file in Notepad++
(2) Go to 'Search -> Replace...' from the drop down menu at the top to bring up the 'Replace' window
(3) Select 'Regular Expression' Search Mode
(4) In 'Find what' enter: linkURL=".*?"
(5) In 'Replace with' enter: linkURL=""
(6) Click 'Replace All'
(7) Go to 'File -> Save' to save your file

This will replace all linkURLs (even if the entries are different to one another) with blank/empty linkURLs (and the gallery will automatically use the imageURLs as the linkURLs).

i am using the lightroom plugin version 1.5 pro and i am also having the same issue. my web hosting company (strato.de) has a unified FTP login server address for all users. once logged in with your credentials, the domain is then set "automatically" to the main domain in the package but does not correspond to what i intend to use. this makes open in new window display an 'error'.

the other issue is that because of this, the new "download" feature does not work, as it tries to download with a wrong path. i really intend to use this feature on all my clients galleries, so a fix is needed.

please can you provide an option to set the link URL base directly in the lightroom plugin? this would be much better than having to mass edit manually the xml files on the server...

kind regards

markus gröteke / 3dworks photography
www.3dworks.photography

@3dworks

Just deselect the 'Link URL' checkbox in the 'Image Info' control panel (below all the Juicebox configuration options in the 'Appearance' control panel) and the linkURL entries in your gallery's XML file will be empty and Juicebox will use the imageURL entries for the Download Button instead.

Otherwise, you could build up your own linkURL entries by selecting the 'Link URL' checkbox, clicking the text to the right of the 'Link URL' checkbox, selecting 'Edit...' from the drop-down menu and entering something like the following in the text area:

http://www.example.com/gallery/images/{Filename»}.{Filename Extension»}

{Filename»} and {Filename Extension»} can be entered by selecting 'Filename' and 'Filename Extension' respectively from the first combobox in the 'Image Name' section and clicking the 'Insert' button for each one.

7 (edited by 3dworks 2016-10-26 20:01:40)

thank you for the fast support!! disabling 'link URL' helps and works perfectly now!

not sure if this is the right place, but i have 2 feature requests for the lightroom plugin which imo would make your solution very popular as a client review tool:

1. provide an option to set the password and the reply email address directly within the plugin.

2. and the bigger one: provide a rating (with up to five stars) and a simple comment system which keeps ratings and comments reviewable for the visitor of the gallery. you could easily ask a bit higher price for such a 'image proof' version version, as imo this is one of the biggest features missing in LR - there are only plugins connected to cloud services featuring this. one example is evlaa.

cheers

markus

disabling 'link URL' helps and works perfectly now!

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.
(Thanks also for posting your suggestions in the Feature Requests forum thread.)