Topic: Confused by Lightroom 4 workflow

Hi,

Your instructions state that after creating and publishing a gallery using LR4, I should open the gallery using Juicebox Builder-Pro to customize it.

Well, JBPro can't access the galleries built and published to my server by LR4. So unless I have a local copy, there's no way to open the gallery using JBPro.

Can you help me understand the workflow please?

Thanks.

Re: Confused by Lightroom 4 workflow

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro can open local galleries only (i.e. those on your hard drive).
The application is not able to open galleries which reside on a web server.

Can you help me understand the workflow please?

The following workflow would work:
(1) Create a Juicebox gallery using the Lightroom plugin by clicking the 'Export' button to save the gallery to your hard drive.
(2) Open the gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and edit as necessary, re-saving the gallery on the 'Publish' tab when finished.
(3) Upload the gallery folder to your web server via FTP.

If you do wish to edit a gallery which has been uploaded to a web server, you could use svManager.
This is a PHP web application which allows you to create, import and edit galleries online via a web browser interface.
All Juicebox-Pro configuration options are customizable via svManager's interface.
If you are interested, you can try out the online demo version of svManager here.