Topic: Problem with Photo captions [SOLVED]

Hello

I've a problem with my galleries:

In the galleries without thumbnails or hidden thumbnails the subtitles (caption) of the photos disappear after the tenth picture. They appear again if I click on "show thumbnails" buttom.

If the gallery have the thumbnails allways open, evertything works fine.

Ex: (hidden thumbnails - with the problem): http://www.aventura-aldeias-historicas. … as/FT.html

Ex: (With Thumbnails - without problem): http://www.aventura-aldeias-historicas. … 8/FT1.html

Can you help me?

Re: Problem with Photo captions [SOLVED]

Unfortunately, you have encountered a known bug whereby flickrShowDescription captions are not displayed when the thumbnails are not visible on the page and only a certain number of images have been preloaded.

A bug report has been logged with the developers and the problem should hopefully be fixed in the next version.

The only workaround I've found so far is to set imagePreloading="ALL" (although if you have a large gallery or use large images, this might not be ideal).
A short description of imagePreloading can be found in the Main Image Options section of the 'Config Options' page.

I hope this is a suitable workaround for you until the problem is fixed.

Thanks for you quickly answer.

I'll try the imagePreloading solution.

Maybe this help others with the same problem:

Using the code imagePreloading="ALL" by itself don't work but using it and changing the

maxThumbColumns="10" to maxThumbColumns="Number of photos in the gallery" everything works well (only have a little more thumbnails in the gallery, depending de size and resolution of the monitor. In my case two more.)

It's probably a provisional solution but it works for me.

I'm glad that you've been able to successfully use a workaround.
As you say, it should hopefully only be a temporary measure until the problem is fixed.

Incidentally, setting imagePreloading="ALL" should be enough to work around the problem.
I notice that your gallery (the first one that you linked to above) does not set a value for imagePreloading but, instead, sets maxThumbColumns="52" (the number of images in your gallery). By not setting a value for imagePreloading, Juicebox-Pro will use its default value of PAGE and by setting maxThumbColumns="52", you are essentially telling Juicebox-Pro that there should be (a maximum of) 52 images per page. Therefore, all 52 images on the first page of thumbnails (all the images in your gallery) will be preloaded and this has the same result as setting imagePreloading="ALL".

This issue has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.5.1 which has just been released (25 August 2017).
Please see the Version History for a full list of changes.
Full instructions for upgrading can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.