Topic: JB-pro plugin for photoshop CC

working on a new iMac.  Have Photoshop CC and the Adobe Extension Manager CCall.  Downloaded the Jukebox photoshop template.zxp and the following message showed in the Extension Manager, "The extension cannot be installed, it requires Photoshop version in range of inclusively between 12 and 16"
how do I work around this?

Re: JB-pro plugin for photoshop CC

Adobe have discontinued Extension Manager (please see here for details) and, according to this page, it should no longer be possible to use Extension Manager to install the .zxp version of the plugin in Photoshop CC 2015.

Note:

In Photoshop CC 2015, you can no longer install add-ons directly using Extension Manager. Instead you must use the Creative Cloud desktop app.

(Incidentally, contrary to this information, I have been able to install the .zxp version of the plugin in Photoshop CC 2015 using Extension Manager CC v7.3.2.39 on PC.)

We are currently in the process of updating the Photoshop plugin to ensure that it is can be auto-installed via the Creative Cloud Desktop App but, in the meantime, the easiest way to install the plugin is to grab the CS2, CS3 and CS4 .zip version from the plugin's support page and follow the manual installation instructions. The resulting files in the 'Presets/Scripts/' folder will be exactly the same as if installing the .zxp version. Only the packaging of the files differs between the two.

ok, thanks Steven.

You're welcome.

Attempted install of JB Plugin for PS without success.
PS CC 2015.5 MAC OSX 10.11.6
1. Turned on files->sync in CC app
2. Followed link to adobe from your PS Plugin support page.
3. Clicked "free" then "install"
4. Followed all instructions. No errors or strangeness.
5. Rebooted system.
6. Opened PS with some files.
7. NO JUICEBOX item in files->scripts
8. No record of install in activity list in CC app.
9. No Juicebox folder in users->library->application support->adobe->Photoshop CC 2015.5->presets->scripts. (in fact no "scripts" folder.)

Thanks
Bernie

It sounds like you are doing everything as you should.
The current version of the Juicebox plugin for Photoshop (v1.5.0) hosted on the Adobe Add-ons website has been tested with Photoshop CC 2015.5 and auto-installs successfully via the Creative Cloud Desktop App on my own system.

4. Followed all instructions. No errors or strangeness.

You should get a confirmation message in the Creative Cloud Desktop App's 'Home -> Activity Stream' to let you know that the plugin installed successfully.
The only problem I encountered whilst testing the auto-install was when I installed a new version of Photoshop alongside an older version. I found I had to reboot before attempting the plugin installation again.
Make sure that your Creative Cloud Desktop App is up to date (v3.8.0.310). If you are not already using the latest version, updating it might make a difference.

If you are having trouble with the auto-install mechanism, I would recommend installing the plugin manually.
Just download the 'Photoshop CS2 to CS6' zip version from the plugin's support page and follow the manual installation instructions. The resulting files in the 'Presets/Scripts/' folder will be exactly the same as if installing the .zxp version. Only the packaging of the files differs between the two.

Only have 1 version of PS installed. Have latest version of CC. No confirmation in activity stream - no mention of JB at all. Will install from zip as suggested. Will also try install on Windows machine and see if it works there.
Bernie

Will install from zip as suggested.

That should certainly work fine.

Although the auto-install mechanism works OK for myself, I see a lot of disgruntled users on the Adobe forums. It seems that add-on installation is causing many users problems (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not). Take a look at this forum thread as an example: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1901283

Maybe the suggestion posted by rndllcprn in the thread will help:

Fixed it by signing-out of Creative Cloud, restarting and opening Photoshop CC 2015 and signing-in from there. Add-ons installed a few seconds after.

thanks