1 (edited by zarzash 2016-09-11 10:55:00)

Topic: Can Juicebox-Pro replace Autoviewer? [SOLVED]

Hi all,

Anybody had tried to replace Autoviewer by JuiceBox?
If yes I would be happy to have a look at the header part of the config.xml file.

Many thanks.

Re: Can Juicebox-Pro replace Autoviewer? [SOLVED]

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

If you are asking if it is possible for Juicebox to replicate an AutoViewer gallery (with portions of the previous and next images visible), then this is not possible.

However, if you are looking to simply replace an AutoViewer gallery in a web page with a Juicebox gallery, then this is certainly possible.
All you would need to do it replace the AutoViewer embedding code in your web page with the Juicebox embedding code (and make sure that the Juicebox files are in the correct location on your web server).
Instructions for embedding a Juicebox gallery in a web page can be found here.

If you are looking to convert an AutoViewer gallery into a Juicebox gallery, then this would not be quite so easy.
AutoViewer and Juicebox have different sets of configuration options and their XML files have different formats and use different tags. Also, there are other differences which would make a conversion difficult (such as the face that AutoViewer does not use thumbnails).
It would be easier to take the images from an AutoViewer gallery and use JuiceboxBuilder to create a new Juicebox gallery.
It would be much quicker that trying to manually convert an AutoViewer gallery to Juicebox.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Steven.

I meant the second case and with your indication I could replace my embedded AutoViewer by embedded  JuiceBox.

Cheers.

Yes, you can certainly replace an embedded AutoViewer gallery in a web page with a Juicebox gallery (or any other content, for that matter).
Just remove the AutoViewer embedding code from your web page (and delete your AutoViewer gallery files from your web server) and follow the instructions in the Juicebox Embedding Guide.

There are essentially two ways to embed a gallery into a web page:
(1) The regular way
(2) The baseUrl method

Using the regular way, you would first create a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and save it to a folder. I recommend saving it to a new empty folder.
You would then copy the embedding code presented on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Publish' tab into your web page where you want the gallery to appear.
You would also copy the contents of the gallery folder (not the actual folder itself) to the same directory as the web page containing the embedding code.

The only difference in using the baseUrl method is that you would be able to upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to anywhere on your web server.
All you then have to do is make sure that the two paths in the baseUrl embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.

Keeping the gallery files within the gallery folder should help to keep things organized on your web server and also makes life easier if you want to update the gallery in the future (as you would just have to replace the complete gallery folder on your web server).

I hope this helps.