Topic: Thumbnail Grid

Hi!

I am currently using Simple View Pro and would like to switch to Juicebox.

Can you pls answer few questions for me?

1. I would like visitors to my gallery to see a thumbnail grid which then leads them to a slideshow on click. Is the only way of achiving this by forcing them into a small screen view? Ideally, I would be able to start with a thumbnail grid and on click, my visitors would be taken to a slideshow with one row of thumbnails (ie., the auto view).

2. Is it possible to customise captions through CSS (e.g., make them all bold, change distance from the main image)?

Many thanks!

Radek

Re: Thumbnail Grid

I would like visitors to my gallery to see a thumbnail grid which then leads them to a slideshow on click. Is the only way of achiving this by forcing them into a small screen view?

Yes. Set screenMode="SMALL". Otherwise, in Large Screen Mode, the thumbnails and main images are both displayed together with the thumbnails either positioned above (thumbsPosition="TOP") or below (thumbsPosition="BOTTOM") the main images.

Ideally, I would be able to start with a thumbnail grid and on click, my visitors would be taken to a slideshow with one row of thumbnails (ie., the auto view).

This would require a mix of Small Screen Mode and Large Screen Mode functionality and is not possible.

Is it possible to customise captions through CSS (e.g., make them all bold, change distance from the main image)?

You can use HTML tags within captions, such as <b>Bold text</b> and you can position the caption horizontally through use of the captionHAlign Pro Option (whose value can be LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT).

Thank you very much.

Are there any limitations when using the small screen mode for desktop, as opposed to large screen? For example, will it be possible to use BACK button, FULL SCREEN view, etc. ?

Thanks,

Radek

Are there any limitations when using the small screen mode for desktop, as opposed to large screen?

Yes. Certain configuration options (listed on this page) are marked as 'Large Screen Mode only.'.
The Back Button is one such option. Also, although the showExpandButton option will still function, the useFullscreenExpand option is limited to Large Screen Mode only.

I'm using the small-screen approach as detailed in this thread. In small-screen it paginates the images (ex. the text "1 of 3" under the grid). Is there a way on smaller screens to simply display all the images in more rows so they are all visible and the user can swipe through all of them versus having to page through?

@manray57

Is there a way on smaller screens to simply display all the images in more rows so they are all visible and the user can swipe through all of them versus having to page through?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. In Small Screen Mode, thumbnails are always displayed in pages.
The dimensions of a gallery are determined by the galleryWidth and galleryHeight configuration options and the size of the browser viewport. In order for all thumbnails to be displayed at once in Small Screen Mode, the dimensions of the gallery may have to change to accommodate them all and Juicebox was not designed with this functionality in mind.

However, please feel free to post your suggestion in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
I do not know the likelihood of any suggestions being implemented but this is certainly the best place for all ideas.
Thank you.

Thanks, Steven. Your support is always the best. I'll add to the Feature Requests.

You're welcome!