Topic: problems with iOS Chrome browser

Hi,
I am new here :-)
After testing I bought JuiceboxPro because I love it :-)
Great product - and nice forum here.

While testing different views and browsers on an iPhone I recognized that Chrome does not show the pictures in fullscreen.
There is ~50% unused space when viewing a gallery.
In another post here I found the info:
---
For Chrome on iOS devices, you will need to set the viewport on your gallery page using the following code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

---

I pasted this into index.html of a gallery and the problem on iOS-Chrome was gone.

My question is: do I need to edit index.htm all the time or is there a possibility to automate this workaround?
Putting that line into embedded code (last step before publish) doesn't solve this, right?

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
plague

Re: problems with iOS Chrome browser

Using the <meta> 'viewport' tag does, indeed, solve the problem in Chrome on iOS devices and this line of code must be included in the <head> section of the web page into which the gallery is embedded.

do I need to edit index.htm all the time or is there a possibility to automate this workaround?

If you would like this line of code to be included in all 'index.html' files generated by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (to save you having to manually add it after creating each gallery), you can modify the template file that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro uses to create the 'index.html' files.
Open the following file in a plain text editor: C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\template\index.html
... and add the line of code to the HTML document's <head> section.

Thank you so much Steven! :-)
I did as advised by you and it's working.

Is this a "bug" of Chrome - or where does that issue come from?
Will that line be included in the next version of Juicebox? Not so important - I am just curious...  :-)

I do not know the exact reason behind this issue but it certainly seems to be unique to Mobile Chrome.
I think it is unlikely that this line of code will be included in a future version of Juicebox as we try to keep the 'index.html' file as minimal as possible. Some users may use the 'index.html' file to load the gallery into an <iframe> and may not want the web page to be scaled on mobile devices.

The viewport change did the trick for me, but I'm still seeing what looks like a white bar running along the bottom of the screen in Chrome on iOS.  Otherwise the gallery looks the same as Safari.  Anyone else getting this?

@cryptic

I do not see this on Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2 galleries on an iPod Touch 4 iOS 6.1.3 using Chrome 28.0.1500.16.

What device and versions of iOS and Chrome do you use?
Make sure that your versions of iOS and Chrome are up to date.

Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.3.2).
Please see the Upgrading Juicebox page for details on how to get the latest version and how to upgrade existing galleries if necessary.
If you are already using the latest version of Juicebox-Pro, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and also, if possible, please upload a screenshot somewhere to let me see what you are seeing. Thank you.

This is on an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS/Chrome installed.  The white area at the bottom only appears when viewing the gallery in portrait mode, in landscape it is all black.  It seems possible that the white space at the bottom I'm seeing is due to the iPhone 5's taller screen?

Can I direct message you the URL and login/pass to access it somehow?  It's not public.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.