Topic: Thumbnails / Placed Directly UNDER the image

I am losing my mind, playing with a lot of settings here and get the thumbnails to sit directly below the image. I dont want any space, well maybe a few pixels, but right now I get a huge distance between the thumbnails and the bottom of the main image.

Please, what am I doing wrong? It seems no matter what screen sizes I choose - AUTO/LARGE/SMALL I cannot get the thumbnails to sit right under the image...

What is it ?

Re: Thumbnails / Placed Directly UNDER the image

Without seeing your gallery and the configuration options that your gallery uses, I cannot determine the cause of your problem but it sounds like your images may not be filling the gallery's image area (resulting in a space between the bottom of the image and the thumbnails). Whether or not the images fill the gallery's image area will depend on the aspect ratio of your images, the aspect ratio of the gallery's image area (which, if your gallery's dimensions are expressed as percentages, will depend on the aspect ratio of the user's browser window) and the value of the imageScaleMode configuration option.
If you use the following configuration options in your gallery, the bottom of the main image will always be touching the top of the thumbnails (with no space in between) no matter what all the different aspect ratios are. (Try resizing your browser window with a gallery using these settings.)

thumbsPosition="BELOW_IMAGE"
maxThumbRows="1"
maxThumbColumns="10"
imagePadding="0"
thumbPadding="0"
imageScaleMode="FILL"

If you do not want to use imageScaleMode="FILL", then perhaps you could fix your gallery's dimensions (using absolute pixel values rather than percentages) so that the aspect ratio of the gallery's image area closely matches that of your images. In doing so, the aspect ratio of the user's browser window (always an unknown quantity) will no longer be a factor in the equation.

Thank you so much. I think that what you suggest last is what I really want, but don't know how to do that.

Here is a test example of what it was before your suggestions, http://www.randomnessphotography.com/galleries/nature/
(so stupid of me not to provide and example).

I suspect I dont want to use the FILL Mode in ImageScaleMode because I want the images to not look so crappy when they browser expands them.

But again, I am not sure if I really understand your last paragraph to make it do what I want it to do.

I should also add that changing to the FILL Mode does fix my original issue - but having the image stretch and fit makes it look like crap.

Is there a way to at least force the scaling to remain proportioned or is that still tied to setting some sort of fixed/absolute pixel dimensions ?

Seems nuts to let the image get all distorted...

Is there a way to at least force the scaling to remain proportioned

To preserve the original image aspect ratio, use imageScaleMode = 'SCALE_DOWN'.