Topic: Working Wordpress gallery now has error

1. I am so so  frustrated with Juicebox Pro in relation to its use in Wordpress. I have already given up on your Wordpress Plug-in.
2. Your documentation in relation to Wordpress examples  (that I haver found) is threadbare and really challenging to someone who is not a web developer.... I purchased JuiceboxPro to avoid all those headaches.
3. Everytime I run into a problem it takes me hours and hours of frustration to trouble shoot.

I cannot understand why you do not have a fully documented example of Juicebox embedded in a Wordpress posting.... (if you have one can you please send me a link)

My specific problem is as follows.

I had a gallery configured and working perfectly inside Wordpress.  I migrated my Wordpress blog to a new domain.  Everything on my blog worked correctly immediately after the domain name change except the  Juicebox galleries.

Details below.

Can you please tell me what is wrong. I have wasted half a day trouble shooting already.  Probably something simple... but I cannot find it.

Wordpress Posting (A cut and paste of the complete posting).
<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->

<script src="/matt_blog/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
baseUrl : '/matt_blog/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/',
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(255,255,255,1)"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Ps
I would have included a screen dump of the folder structure if I could include an attachment.

Re: Working Wordpress gallery now has error

If you choose not to use WP-Juicebox, I would recommend using the baseURL method of embedding (documented here, as you are already doing). It allows you to upload your complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to anywhere you like on your web server. You would enter the embedding code into the body of the WordPress page (or post) ensuring that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'.

Your gallery currently displays the 'Config XML file not found.' message because your gallery uses the following code:

baseUrl : '/matt_blog/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/',

... but the gallery does not seem to exist at that location.

You are seeing the 'Config XML file not found.' message only because WP-Juicebox is still activated in your WordPress installation and the web page is loading the 'juicebox.js' file from the plugin.
Your own gallery's embedding code contains the line:

<script src="/matt_blog/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>

... but there is no 'juicebox.js' file at that location either.

Make sure that you have uploaded your complete gallery folder to the correct location on your web server.

Also, if you choose not to use WP-Juicebox, you should deactivate it from the plugins menu as loading two different versions of the 'juicebox.js' file on the same web page (which may happen if you leave the plugin enabled and manually embed a Juicebox gallery of a different version) may cause problems.

Thanks for prompt response.

The base url method was working perfectly.

My base url has not changed (ie /matt_blog...).....so all relative addresses should still be working.

However, I will deactivate the Juicebox Wordpress plug-in and see if that makes a difference.

I cannot send you a screen dump of the ftp directory structure.... but the folder contains the index, config and 3 normal sub folders.  I did a comparison between the folder stored on my PC via JuiceBuilder_Pro and the FTP folder location and every file matches exactly.

Hopefully, deactivating the WP plugin might resolve.

Wordpress PlugIn deactivated.

I am getting different behaviour (good).... now I am getting a completely empty posting...

http://www.mattobrienblog.com/?p=1863

Clearly an error in the address...

If I check the address of the gallery using my ftp client I see the following address..

/matt_blog/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding

I cannot see an error in my base url address.....

I got it working......
I needed to change the url as per code below.... (ie relative to Wordpress).

Please..... please.... please update your documentation so that it is Wordpress specific.  How do I know the relative address between a WP posting and actually a WP folder as it is database driven. The only way I got it to work was by a painful and excruciating  process of trial and error...... (and I mean painful as I had no idea it might eventually work).

I gave up on your Wordpress plug-in because handling attached media was so difficult to understand. I was on the verge of giving up on Juicebox completely because I cannot afford to spend this much time trouble shooting.

Again, thanks for responding quickly, but I have wasted half a day to-day of my time and a percentage of your day because the documentation did not allow me configure this correctly. (Pure pain).

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->

<script src="/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
baseUrl : '/wp-content/JuiceboxGalleries/DaraghNessaWedding/',
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(255,255,255,1)"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

The only difference between embedding a Juicebox gallery in a WordPress page and any other page is that in a WordPress (or any other CMS) environment, it can be difficult to work out relative paths as pages are generated dynamically. Therefore, it would be wise to use either absolute paths in your gallery's embedding code (in the form http://www.example.com/gallery/) or paths which start with a leading slash to denote the root directory (as you have chosen to do). Either of these notations avoid the need to work out relative paths from the page into which the gallery is embedded.

Being that you use the leading slash notation, you do not need to know the location of the page into which the gallery is embedded. You just need to work out the path to the gallery folder (which is where you uploaded it to on your web server) from your root directory.

The problem was that your paths originally included the folder 'matt_blog' which does not exist on your web server.

I understand that you do not want to use WP-Juicebox but this does avoid the need to worry about any paths.

In any case, I am glad that your gallery is now working.

it can be difficult to work out relative paths as pages are generated dynamically

... And that is why you should have a documented example of a Wordpress based gallery.

Over and out.