Topic: multiple galleries using dropbox & photoshop?

I would like to make multiple galleries for my website, storing the images in Dropbox (I am using a template website, Moonfruit).

I'm confused about how & where to set up folders to do this.

Ideally I would set up a folder of images for each gallery and then when I want to update the gallery I would just update the images in the relevant folder eg. interiors photos, food photos etc without needing to create a new index. Is that possible?

I have tried creating a gallery using the Juicebox software and then dragging the folder from the desktop to Dropbox, but I'm still confused!

Would this be easier if I used Photoshop & plugin to create the galleries?

I am not a techie, so any answers would be appreciated in plain english!

thanks
Emma

Re: multiple galleries using dropbox & photoshop?

Instructions for embedding a Juicebox gallery in a web template site (such as Moonfruit) can be found here.
You would need to store the entire gallery on Dropbox (not just your images).
However, it is probably easier doing this at it keeps everything together and means that you can simply drag and drop your complete gallery folder into your Dropbox 'Public' folder.

I would just update the images in the relevant folder eg. interiors photos, food photos etc without needing to create a new index. Is that possible?

This is not possible when hosting your Juicebox gallery on Dropbox.
It is possible (see this forum thread for details) but not when hosting your gallery on Dropbox as Dropbox is not a regular web host and does not support server side scripting languages such as PHP (which would be necessary to dynamically create an XML file).
If you want to be able to upload images and not have to update any gallery files, then I would recommend using a Flickr account as the source of images for your gallery. You could simply upload new images to your Flickr account to add them to your gallery.
The Flickr configuration options available to Juicebox-Lite can be found here.

Would this be easier if I used Photoshop & plugin to create the galleries?

Probably not. No matter how you create your gallery, you will end up with a gallery folder which you should upload to Dropbox. I would recommend using JuiceboxBuilder-Lite to build your gallery. It will enable you to create a Flickr based gallery (which the Adobe Photoshop template will not).

I have found that when I create a new gallery using Juicebox I can simply save the gallery straight to my Dropbox folder and give it a specific name eg. Food photographs - this seems like the easiest method for me.
The order of the images is important, so I will just create a new gallery eachtime my portfolio needs updating.
thanks for your advice.
Emma

The order of the images is important, so I will just create a new gallery eachtime my portfolio needs updating.

Creating a new gallery (or updating the existing one) as and when you need to is fine but if you were to purchase Juicebox-Pro, you could still use my Flickr suggestion and have the images sorted automatically in your gallery using the flickrSort configuration option.

great thanks. I am thinking about buying Juicebox-Pro. Is there an option to have thumbnails to the right of the main image, and can I decide how many ie. 2 columns x 6 rows of thumbnails? Is it also possible to remove the image title and the grey area in which this appears? I want the gallery as clean looking as possible.
Emma

Is there an option to have thumbnails to the right of the main image,

Yes. Set thumbsPosition="RIGHT".

and can I decide how many ie. 2 columns x 6 rows of thumbnails?

Yes. Set maxThumbColumns="2" and maxThumbRows="6" (though please note that these are maximum values and the actual number of thumbnails displayed on the page will depend on the user's browser window size).
A list of all Juicebox-Pro configuration options (including thumbnail options) can be found here.
Take a look at the 'Simple' demo on this web page to see a gallery displaying a grid of thumbnails (to the left of the main image).

Is it also possible to remove the image title and the grey area in which this appears?

Yes. Set captionPosition="NONE".