Topic: Gesture Issues 1.3.2

I am having some issues with gesture on mobile. http://chesterfieldsbronzes.com/

Actual Result

• user swipes and the whole page moves

• user single touches the image and is hyperlinked to the directed page, this is the same gesture for clicking the navigation arrows

• user swipes and the blue browser hotspots stay highlighted

Expected Result

• User swipes and the whole page does not move, but rather the next image slides into place

• User must double click in order to be navigate when click the image.  This gesture must be distinct from the gesture used to navigate with the arrows. Also, there should be distinct hotspots and the arrow hotspots are not so large

• user swipes or clicks and the blue hotspots either don't appear or disappear

I love the product and am hopeful you can help me out with these issues.

Sincerely,
Mike Fields
http://chesterfieldsbronzes.com/

Re: Gesture Issues 1.3.2

Although your post is entitled "Gesture Issues 1.3.2", I notice that your gallery is Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0.
Try upgrading your gallery to the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.3.2) to ensure that any bugs that were present in v1.2.0 but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problems.
There have been many bugfixes since v1.2.0. For a full list of changes, please see the Version History.
For instructions on how to get the latest version and how to upgrade existing galleries, please see the Upgrading Juicebox page.

I do not know if it will help with the problems that you reported but your web page also has HTML errors which should be fixed.
You can check the validity of your web page's code with the W3C Markup Validation Service.

user swipes and the whole page moves

Try upgrading your gallery to Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2 and fix the HTML errors on your web page to see if this helps.
Otherwise, check that there are no HTML elements on your web page which are stacked on top of your gallery and overlap it parts of it.

user single touches the image and is hyperlinked to the directed page, this is the same gesture for clicking the navigation arrows

When setting imageClickMode="OPEN_URL", the main image in the gallery acts like a standard HTML hyperlink (where a single tap on the screen is all that is required to open the URL, just like any other link).
If you single-tap on a navigation button, the image will change, if you single-tap elsewhere on the main image, the URL will be opened.

user swipes and the blue browser hotspots stay highlighted

This bug has been fixed in Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply - your support is awesome!

Looks like I failed to upgrade my master .js file when i uploaded new 1.3.2 galleries. Thanks for noticing that.

I'm going to look into the html errors but I am skeptical that that it will resolve the whole page moving.  Is this non-typical behavior? Could it be my divs?  (i am fairly ignorant)

It's unfortunate that a different gesture can't be used to call the hyperlink as it is so easy to accidentally hyperlink and this surprises the user. Is it possible for me to change the clickmode for just the image?

Thanks,
Mike Fields

I'm going to look into the html errors but I am skeptical that that it will resolve the whole page moving.  Is this non-typical behavior? Could it be my divs?

Horizontal swiping within a gallery should change the main image. However, if your swipe gesture starts outside the gallery, it will likely scroll the whole page.

Is it possible for me to change the clickmode for just the image?

You could change imageClickMode from OPEN_URL to NAVIGATE or NONE.
If you still want to allow users to open the linkURLs associated with each image, you could set showOpenButton="TRUE" (to display the 'Open Image' button on the Button Bar) and use the languageList option to change its rollover text from 'Open Image in New Window' to something like 'Click to Open Web Page'.