Topic: Navigation buttons always on but show/hide caption with info button

My gallery is configured with button bar set to OVERLAY and infoButton="true"

I've tried various config options but can't seem to get exactly what my client wants.

Is it possible to achieve the following?...

- when the gallery page loads - caption is hidden and image navigation arrows are visible.

- visitor can then click on the info button in the button bar to show/hide toggle the caption only (which is set to "overlay_image") with the image navigation arrows staying visible at all times (currently they toggle on and off along with the caption).

... I've included the nav buttons in the button bar but it looks like a compromise. It would be better if the info button simply toggled the caption and left the image nav arrows visible. Can this be achieved somehow?

Thanks for any help,
Bill

Re: Navigation buttons always on but show/hide caption with info button

It is not possible to use the Info Button to toggle the overlay on and off but have the image navigation buttons always visible as the image navigation buttons are always on the overlay (whether imageNavPosition is set to 'STAGE' or 'IMAGE').

As an alternative to using the Button Bar navigation buttons, you could use create and use your own 'previous' and 'next' buttons on your web page and have them act like the gallery's own image navigation buttons using the Juicebox-Pro API (specifically the showPreviousImage() and showNextImage() methods).

Re: Navigation buttons always on but show/hide caption with info button

Great! Thanks Steven.