Topic: v1.3.2 thumbnail and android 4.1.2 bugs

A few weeks ago, I did some testing on various mobile devices and found that my juicebox galleries were no longer working on the newest Apple mobile devices or Android 4.1.2.  No images were showing at all.  I proceeded to download the newest version of juicebox (v1.3.2) and upload the jbcore folder to my website overwriting the contents of the previous one.  I had upgraded this way in the past, and it worked like a charm.  This time, phantom thumbnails kept showing up, meaning thumbnail frames but no image.  I have all the thumbnail options turned off in my config files, but the new jbcore seems to be overwriting them.

I assumed some changes were made to the config file.  This annoyed me a bit, but I figured if I ran the image files through the juicebox desktop app, it would generate new config files with all the thumbnail options sorted out.  Well, the files that the v1.3.2 app generated do not work at all in android 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S II, although the pro demo on juicebox.net works.  So I took the embed code from that page and tried to rework the options to not show thumbs:

http://www.rebelclients.com//rebel2012/test/index.html

Embed code:

<!--START JUICEBOX-PRO EMBED.-->
        <script src="../jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
        <script>
            new juicebox({
                themeUrl: '../jbcore/classic/theme.css',
                            showOpenButton: "false",
                            showThumbsButton: "false",
                            enableKeyboardControls: "true",
                            galleryTitlePosition: "NONE",
                            showOverlayOnLoad: "true",
                            showImageNav: "true",
                            showThumbsOnLoad:"false",
                            showSmallThumbsOnLoad: "false",
                            showSmallThumbsButton: "false",
                            showImageNumber: "false",
                            captionPosition: "NONE"

});

</script>
        <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
        <!--END JUICEBOX-PRO EMBED.-->

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

First part of config file:

<juiceboxgallery

maxImageWidth="1000"
    maxImageHeight="667"
    imageQuality="85"
    useWatermark="true"
    watermarkPath="C:\Users\Christina\Desktop\juicebox_pro_1.1.0\rebel overlay logo 2013.png"
    showExpandButton="false"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showThumbsButton="false"
    enableKeyboardControls="true"
    galleryTitlePosition="NONE"
    showOverlayOnLoad="true"
    showImageNav="true"
    showThumbsOnLoad="true"
    showSmallThumbsOnLoad="false"
    showSmallThumbsButton="false"
    showImageNumber="false"
    captionPosition="NONE"

>

Phantom thumbs are still showing up.  What am I missing?  I am getting a bit frustrated because I cannot upgrade to the newest version of juicebox until I can turn off thumbs.  Anyone viewing my website on a new Apple or android device cannot see my galleries and definitely won't be contacting me about a gig.  Please advise!

Thanks!

-Christina

www.rebelwithacamera.com

Re: v1.3.2 thumbnail and android 4.1.2 bugs

Your gallery currently uses Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0 but uses configuration options introduced in v1.3.0 (showThumbsButton, showThumbsOnLoad, showSmallThumbsButton, showSmallThumbsOnLoad).
For a full list of changes, please see the Version History.

Try upgrading your gallery to v1.3.2 by replacing it's 'jbcore' folder with the one from the Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2 download package ('juicebox_pro_1.3.2/web/jbcore/'), set the following configuration options in your gallery's XML file and clear your browser's cache after upgrading and before reloading your gallery to be sure that your browser fetching the most recent gallery files from your web server.

showThumbsButton="FALSE"
showThumbsOnLoad="FALSE"
showSmallThumbsButton="FALSE"
showSmallThumbsOnLoad="FALSE"

Hello,

Thanks so much for the quick reply, but I'm not sure that you looked at my test link: http://www.rebelclients.com/rebel2012/test/index.html

I am running juicebox v1.2.0 on my main site where no phantom thumbnails are appearing, but of course that is not working with android 4.1.2.  That is why I need to upgrade to juicebox v1.3.2.

For the test link posted, I am using juicebox v1.3.2.

See for yourself:

http://www.rebelclients.com/rebel2012/t … uicebox.js

This is where the phantom thumbnails are appearing.  I need to turn that off with juicebox v1.3.2 so I can then upgrade my entire website to juicebox v1.3.2.

Thanks!

-Christina

The juicebox gallery on this page http://www.rebelclients.com//rebel2012/test/index.html is loading the juicebox.js file from http://www.rebelclients.com//rebel2012/ … uicebox.js which is v1.2. This is because the src path is set like this:

<script src="../jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>

Regarding phantom thumbnails - what do they look like, and on which device are you seeing them? I checked your gallery on android + desktop and it looks fine.

Hi Felix

Thanks for taking a look at this and catching my path error.  It was a complete coincidence that my test folder happened to have a jbcore folder one up :-)

I have been extremely busy, but I was finally able to do some more testing and fix the galleries on my website a couple of days ago.  At least it's working on my Samsung Galaxy S II with Android 4.1.2.  I still do need to test it on several more mobile devices.  I will be visiting a Sprint store soon!

The embed code that the Juicebox (v1.3.2) desktop app writes does not work on Android 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S II.  Go to http://www.rebelclients.com/rebel2012/t … index.html where I uploaded all the files that the app generates.  The entire screen is white.  It might just be an odd combo of Android 4.1.2 with a Samsung Galaxy S II, and it might not be happening on other smartphones.  I had to use the embed code from the demo on juicebox.net to get it to work, specifically this line, themeUrl: 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' seemed to fix the issue.  I desperately did not want to run all 20 of my galleries through the desktop app to make new config files or alter them manually, so I was pleased to be able to add the new config options in the embed code.

I have to say that I just love your software and have been a paying customer since simpleviewer, nine years actually.  Autoviewer was my absolute favorite, but alas, Apple had no love for flash and the world went mobile, so we all had to drop it.  So happy to be using juicebox :-)  Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

-Christina

The embed code that the Juicebox (v1.3.2) desktop app writes does not work on Android 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S II.

Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery to see if this makes a difference.
We have not had any other reports from Android users to say that the 'index.html' page generated by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.3.2 results in a blank web page with no gallery displayed.

It might just be an odd combo of Android 4.1.2 with a Samsung Galaxy S II, and it might not be happening on other smartphones.

Just for the record, I have viewed your gallery in Chrome 28 and Mobile Safari on an iPod Touch 4 (iOS 6.1.3) and it displays fine.