Topic: firefox first image anomaly

Hi, sorry if this has been addressed before...

I have embedded galleries in pages created in DW CS5.5

Sometimes (I don't have an exact spec for this) the first image when the gallery loads does not show properly; it appears as a dimmed shadow of the image. Using the forward arrow and then back fixes this.

Also, sometimes I'm not getting the arrow to the next row of dots (not using thumbnails), though the arrows in the main image area work fine.

here's the site: philfogle.com

any advice welcome, thanks!
Phil

Re: firefox first image anomaly

Do these problems happen when you preview the gallery locally on your computer or when the gallery has been uploaded to a web server (or does it not make a difference)?
I do not see either of these problems when I view your galleries online in Firefox 22.0 on a PC.

However, here are a few things to try which may help.

• If you are not already using the latest version of Firefox (v22.0), try upgrading it to see if it makes a difference.

• Try temporarily disabling any browser Add-ons which you may have enabled.

• Try fixing the HTML errors on your web pages. They seem trivial but it should not take long to do and might make a difference. You can check the code on your web pages with the W3C Markup Validation Service.

• Try changing your Doctype Declaration from HTML 4.01 Strict to HTML 5 (<!DOCTYPE HTML>). Again, this may not help but it should be quick to try.

Steven,

thanks for your reply. I've changed the doctype as advised, and so far that seems to be working fine.

I've one other question, which might not be within your remit. When I  use the 'preview in firefox' option in DW CS5.5 I'm getting not seeing the buttons (forward, back and the dots that replace the thumbnails) - though I see them OK on the web, and in 'preview in Safari'.

Just wondered if this is something you know about? It's only started happening recently and has me puzzled.

cheers
Phil

As noted here:

Note that the Juicebox gallery will not show in Dreamweaver's design preview. To view your gallery, view the HTML page in a browser.

When previewing your gallery, make sure that your web page files have actually been exported to your hard drive (ready for upload to your web server) rather than still being a work-in-progress within Dreamweaver.