Topic: Directories with apostrophes don't work in SMALL mode?

I'm running into an issue when my site runs in SMALL mode on an iPhone. Some of my gallery directories contain apostrophes/single quotes. (I've had to account for this in my php code with htmlspecialchars() or addslashes() ) The site runs fine in AUTO mode on a large device, but when I switch to an iPhone, none of the images are displaying. I took a look at the source, and there are a number of generated img src tags that are broken by the apostrophe. The funny thing is that when I forced it to SMALL mode to test, I don't have the same problem on a laptop or iPad-- the larger devices don't seem to be using jbcore/full.html even in SMALL mode.

I took a look at the full.html file, and I can't see where the img src tags are being generated (I'm assuming this is in the javascript code). Is there an easy workaround for this?

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Directories with apostrophes don't work in SMALL mode?

I took a look at the full.html file, and I can't see where the img src tags are being generated (I'm assuming this is in the javascript code).

That is correct.

the larger devices don't seem to be using jbcore/full.html even in SMALL mode

A Juicebox gallery will use the 'full.html' page only if the gallery is expanded in a new page.
Please see the description of the expandInNewPage configuration option (in the General Options section of the Config Options page) and the Expand Gallery Behavior section for more information.

Is there an easy workaround for this?

If the problem occurs only when the gallery is expanded in a new page, then the suggestions in the link above (to either lock the viewport of the embedding page or to set expandInNewPage="FALSE") may work for you. Otherwise, I would recommend using only web-safe characters for folder names when they are uploaded to a web server and form part of a URL.
Please see section 2.3 of this document for details.

Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.

Juicebox (and all web servers) should be able to handle all folder names which use any or all of these characters.

Re: Directories with apostrophes don't work in SMALL mode?

Yikes. I'm a little embarrassed-- I'm not a web developer (obviously), but I should know better. I'll try the setting you recommended, but I'll clean up my directories as well.

Thanks for your support.