1 (edited by pupu 2013-06-20 02:18:21)

Topic: How to embed my Juicebox gallery in Edublogs (by WordPress)

How do I embed my Juicebox gallery into my edublog (by WordPress) blog? I tried to handle embedding like anything else - YouTube, etc. - but Juicebox is the only one that I can't seem to figure out. I read the forums to find a solution, and I keep seeing reference to baseURL. I followed those directions, copying the code and pasting it into Publish>Get embed code, which then overwrites the code for the gallery images. Then I pasted this into the blog. Nothing.

I'm not a techie like many of your users, so some really simple directions would be appreciated. And do you have chat help? Non-techies like me need a little more hand-holding.

Re: How to embed my Juicebox gallery in Edublogs (by WordPress)

You could create and manage Juicebox galleries within your WordPress Dashboard by using the dedicated Juicebox plugin for WordPress - WP-Juicebox. Everything is done within the WordPress interface and there is no need to worry about file paths and code. Instructions for downloading, installing and using the plugin can be found here

Alternatively, if you want to embed a Juicebox gallery created by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro into a WordPress page or post, all you would need to do would be to:
(1) Upload your complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server (exactly as it is created by JuiceboxBuilder-Pro without the need to make any modifications).
(2) Paste the baseUrl embedding code into the body of your WordPress page or post (ensuring that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual').

It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as you know where it is and that the two paths within the embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself) are correct.

I followed those directions, copying the code and pasting it into Publish>Get embed code, which then overwrites the code for the gallery images.

The code for the gallery images is stored in the gallery's 'config.xml' file (in the gallery folder) - not in the body of your WordPress page or post (where you paste the baseUrl embedding code).

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll send this over to my IT guy

No matter what we do, our IT guys (and they are awesome) can't get Juicebox Pro to install and work in edublogs by WordPress. So disappointed.

If you are using WP-Juicebox, instructions for installation and use can be found here.

If you are not using WP-Juicebox and are embedding your Juicebox gallery manually, then follow the baseUrl embeding method documented here.

Take a look at the FAQs to see if any describe the scenario you are experiencing and offer help.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please let me know what method you are using (WP-Juicebox or baseUrl), describe the problem in more detail and post the URL to the web page into which you are trying to embed your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Edit:
If you are not able to install a plugin in Edublogs (to use WP-Juicebox) and do not have access to the web space they provide (to upload your gallery folder manually for the baseUrl method), then you would need to host your gallery elsewhere and embed it in your web page using an iframe.
For details on how to do this, please see the Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions.

Thank you for your further assistance. I'm using Juicebox Pro, and edublogs is not allowing us to install the WP plug-in. I'll pass on these instructions to the IT guy to see what he says.