Topic: how do you disable view gallery mode on the slider for mobile

Hi i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I want to disable the "view gallery" mode for the simple slider, so if it is viewed on a mobile device it will just act as a slider.

Re: how do you disable view gallery mode on the slider for mobile

You can disable the Splash Page by setting showSplashPage="NEVER".
Alternatively, you could force Juicebox to display your gallery in Large Screen Mode on all devices and in all browsers by setting screenMode="LARGE".

Hi Steven, thanks for the quick response. Can i just add that line into my config file or do i have to alter the slider in juicebox and then re publish.

Either method will work equally well and will give you the same end result.
You can edit your gallery's 'config.xml' file in a plain text editor and add configuration options as attributes to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag (as documented here) or open, edit and save your gallery using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

Thanks again, copy and paste into the config file worked great.

Another problem i have i thought rather then start a new thread.

My other gallery when opened on a mobile does not shrink to fit but instead stretches out across the page.

On my first attempt with juicebox lite the gallery did shrink to fit. But im not sure which option in the pro version i should choose to get the same result. Or if as with the slider there is an option i can alter or add to the config.xml.

This is likely to be due to the layout of your web page (rather than gallery configuration options).
If expressing your gallery's width as a percentage, check the width of all the parent containers of the gallery on your web page and make sure that they have all explicitly been given widths via CSS.
Otherwise, try expressing your gallery's width as a fixed pixel value instead to see if this makes a difference.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Hi thanks again, it was the gallery widths. Once i set the gallery to the same width as the container it displayed how i wanted it to.

Looks great!