Topic: Issues with Juicebox gallery and Wordpress plugin

Hi guys,
first of all, great product, I*ve waited for an HTML5 version of simpleviewer for a long while and it was totally worth it.

However I have some issues with the JuiceBox Gallery when using it in my wordpress website with help of the wp-juicebox-pro Plugin.

Here's the gallery I am talking about: http://www.stefanschwarzweddings.com
1. On Safari and Firefox for Mac the gallery first shows a quick overview over the pictures then switches to the first picture and then immediately to the second picture withing 1 or 2 seconds.
I don't want an Overview to be shown even not for 1 second. Furthermore I want the second the actual first picture to show as set in the "display time" option (which is set to 5 seconds)

2. On the iPhone 4s the gallery shows in full size and seems to be too large for the little screen, so I can only see a part of the gallery at once. I would have expected the gallery / the website to be resizable at least via pinch and zoom if not automatically.
I've set the size to a fixed width of 850px and height of 566px. If I set it to 100% each then an ugly black area will be shown above and below the gallery.

3. Although I have set the transition mode to FADE the gallery slides.

Here are the pro-settings set in the Wordpress Plugins Juicebox Galleries panel:
maxImageWidth="850px"
maxImageHeight="566px"
imageQuality="80"
thumbWidth="0"
thumbHeight="0"
thumbQuality="90"
resizeOnImport="false"
cropToFit="false"
galleryWidth="850px"
galleryHeight="566px"
screenMode="AUTO"
enableKeyboardControls="false"
enableLooping="true"
galleryTitlePosition="NONE"
forceTouchMode="false"
enableTouchZoom="false"
imageClickMode="NAVIGATE"
imageScaleMode="NONE"
imagePreloading="PAGE"
showImageOverlay="NEVER"
showImageNav="false"
showSmallThumbs="false"
showLargeThumbs="false"
buttonBarPosition="NONE"
captionPosition="NONE"
showImageNumber="false"
maxCaptionHeight="0"
enableAutoPlay="true"
autoPlayOnLoad="true"
showAutoPlayStatus="false"
autoPlayThumbs="false"
showSplashPage="NEVER"
imageTransitionType="FADE"
backgroundColor="rgba(34,34,34,0)"
showPreloader="false"
thumbFrameColor="rgba(255,255,255,0)"
buttonBarBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)"
captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)"
goNextOnAutoPlay="true"
displayTime="5"
splashShowImageCount="false"

Thanks for your continued and excellent support that you already gave me for simpleviewer.
Stefan

Re: Issues with Juicebox gallery and Wordpress plugin

I don't want an Overview to be shown even not for 1 second.

This plain screen with the 'loading' spinner is displayed whilst Juicebox loads the first image. The slight delay is inevitable but you can make the initial loading of your gallery less noticeable by setting the gallery's background color to the same color as the background of your page (#eeeeee) and setting showPreloader="FALSE" in the Pro Options text area.

Furthermore I want the second the actual first picture to show as set in the "display time" option (which is set to 5 seconds)

This is a known bug which has been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox.
Thank you for reporting.

On the iPhone 4s the gallery shows in full size and seems to be too large for the little screen, so I can only see a part of the gallery at once.

This may be related to the WordPress theme you use. Try temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if this makes a difference.

Although I have set the transition mode to FADE the gallery slides.

The imageTransitionType Pro Option applies only to Large Screen Mode (as documented here).
When the gallery is displayed on an iPhone, the gallery automatically uses Small Screen Mode by default.
You can force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode by setting screenMode="LARGE" in the Pro Options text area.
For more information about Screen Modes, please see here.

Thanks for your prompt response Steven. Some follow up questions:

- do you have an ETA for the new version?
- you're right, using another Theme for wordpress helps to make the gallery / website scalable on my iPhone. Even displaying the gallery on another post / page then the start page helps. I have no clue what's the actual issue, so you might have a pointer where I can start searching for the problem with the starting page

do you have an ETA for the new version?

There is no set time-frame for releases and no release date scheduled for the next version.
However, you can be notified of new releases by joining our mailing list and following us on Twitter (@juiceboxgallery).
Please scroll down to the bottom of our home page for details.

you're right, using another Theme for wordpress helps to make the gallery / website scalable on my iPhone. Even displaying the gallery on another post / page then the start page helps. I have no clue what's the actual issue, so you might have a pointer where I can start searching for the problem with the starting page

It may (or may not) have something to do with your theme using a <meta> tag such as:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

... which, for example, the WordPress theme 'Twenty Eleven' uses (but 'Twenty Ten' does not).
For more information on the <meta> 'viewport' tag, please see here.

Thanks again. I will see what the viewport option can do for me.

I embedded <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" /> into the header and that did the trick. Thanks again.

That's great! Thanks for posting back.

Furthermore I want the second the actual first picture to show as set in the "display time" option (which is set to 5 seconds)

This bug has now been fixed in v1.1.0. Please see this Juicebox Blog entry for further details.