1 (edited by eaksoy 2013-05-30 14:59:33)

Topic: No social Icons, Getting response for twice, etc.

Hello,

We've bought juicebox pro to integrate our website. But we are having problem with it. We have wrote a aspx file to generate config.xml for different galleries, we are calling that file with a specific ID to get config.xml file of this album. But when we call this file for the first time, we are not able to see social media icons at the top. If you went back to previous page by home button, and then click the same campaign again, we can see the social media icons.

Here is the test link;

http://bit.ly/15ergwN

And the second problem I've found is, as long as I see from the console, It's sending me two response;

GET ResponseGallery.aspx?id=2
200 OK
403ms   
GET ResponseGallery.aspx?id=2
200 OK
272ms   

I've tried to disable other jquery file but result was still the same.

3rd Prob; Also after going back to gallery, scrolling is not working...

Any idea?

Re: No social Icons, Getting response for twice, etc.

(1) Instead of the following:

new juicebox({
    containerId: 'juicebox-container',
    configUrl: 'ResponseGallery.aspx?id=' + id
    //baseURL: 'http://admin.svstudios.com/App_Upload/',
}).toggleExpand();

... try:

jb = new juicebox({
    containerId: 'juicebox-container',
    configUrl: 'ResponseGallery.aspx?id=' + id
    //baseURL: 'http://admin.svstudios.com/App_Upload/',
});
jb.onInitComplete = function() {
    jb.toggleExpand();
}

(2) I am not sure why you would be getting two responses but perhaps the second one is due to the call to the toggleExpand() method. Try temporarily removing this to see if it makes a difference.

(3) I see the scrolling problem in your web page (on closing a gallery) but have been unable to replicate it in a stripped back test gallery resembling yours as closely as possible (loading the same external JavaScript and CSS files as your page does and using a similar technique to display an expanded gallery from a link on the same page).
Try temporarily removing elements from your web page, one by one, until the problem no longer exists to try to determine the cause of the problem.

Also, it looks like the code:

{
    color: #323232;
}

... in your 'main.css' file is overriding the color of the Button Bar icons, the navigation arrow buttons and the titles and captions in your gallery (as the gallery is inheriting this wildcard CSS rule).
You can override this wildcard CSS rule by explicitly setting colors for the elements in your gallery using the available Color Options.

3 (edited by eaksoy 2013-06-05 13:42:53)

Thank you for your support.

I made that change you said for my 2nd problem. But now it's always getting previous gallery. I mean when you click A, B and C in sequence, it's showing me gallery of A, A and B. Just the first one is true. Besides that, it's also causing increasing response amount. Each time it's getting more response.

But now it's always getting previous gallery. I mean when you click A, B and C in sequence, it's showing me gallery of A, A and B. Just the first one is true.

This is due to a bug that was present in Juicebox v1.3.1 but which has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.3.2.
Please upgrade your galleries to Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2 and this should solve the problem.
For instructions on how to get the latest version and how to upgrade existing galleries, please see the Upgrading Juicebox page.

Steven wrote:

But now it's always getting previous gallery. I mean when you click A, B and C in sequence, it's showing me gallery of A, A and B. Just the first one is true.

This is due to a bug that was present in Juicebox v1.3.1 but which has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.3.2.
Please upgrade your galleries to Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2 and this should solve the problem.
For instructions on how to get the latest version and how to upgrade existing galleries, please see the Upgrading Juicebox page.

Hi again,

We've updated the script to new version, but we are having problem with ipad now.

http://tinyurl.com/q2eh5ww

We can see first gallery, but after that we are not able to see another gallery. It instantly closes the gallery. Any idea?

This seems to happen only in Mobile Safari. Multiple galleries open fine in Chrome on an iPod Touch but not in Mobile Safari.

Perhaps there is some incompatibility between the JavaScript code on your web page and Mobile Safari.
Try updating jQuery on your web page from v1.8.2 to the current stable version of v1.10.1.
Also update all other JavaScript libraries on your web page (if updates are available) in case this makes a difference.

I would also recommend fixing the HTML errors on your web page in case any of them are contributing to your problem.
You can validate your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported.
Once the code on your web pages validates correctly, the page should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

7 (edited by eaksoy 2013-06-30 13:21:26)

Thanks Safari we can switch user agent to ipad safari.

According to error console, we are facing with this prob.;

TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'ofst.left')

And it's increasing twice a click. Any idea?

I do not know what could be causing this error message.
Unfortunately, debugging this problem may require some trial and error and perhaps the best course of action would be to remove elements from your web page, one by one, until the error no longer occurs and you find the cause of the problem.