1 (edited by terraform 2013-05-22 15:21:21)

Topic: Possible to Toggle Thumbnail Page (opposed to strip)?

Hello,
I am new to Juiebox Pro and I would like to customize your gallery to be something very minimal and functional.
I come from a Flash dev. background (for my galleries) and I was always able to make simple slideshows for the sites I constructed...

Basically I would like a "contact" sheet type page of thumbnails which can toggle to the full screen image when the thumbnail is invoked..

here is an example of a gallery I would like to replicate using JB Pro
simple controls on the bottom (back / forward, thumbnails, pause / play (auto slideshow))
http://www.shawnconvey.com/images/jb_thumbs.jpg

When "gallery" button is invoked is simply serves up a "contact sheet" of images that when one is selected the thumbs hide and the full image (and controls) as seen in pic one reappear.
http://www.shawnconvey.com/images/jb_full.jpg

Is this possible with JB pro?

Also a quick question about "titles & captions"
can JB pro display the image title and caption in a a custom place on the canvas other than the options supplied?

thanks in advance for your help!

pps
any reason the images are not showing up? they would be helpful to understand what I am trying to acheive?

Re: Possible to Toggle Thumbnail Page (opposed to strip)?

Is this possible with JB pro?

Yes. Set screenMode="SMALL" to force the gallery to be displayed in Small Screen Mode in all browsers and on all devices.
This will initially display a grid of thumbnails from which the user can select a main image. When the main image is selected, the user can return to the thumbnail page via the 'Toggle Thumbnails' button on the Button Bar. (You can use the Thumbnail Options to change properties of the thumbnails such as the dimensions and distance between them.)
For more information about Screen Modes, please see here.

can JB pro display the image title and caption in a a custom place on the canvas other than the options supplied?

No. Captions can be positioned only using the captionPosition and captionHAlign configuration options.

any reason the images are not showing up?

The forum software does not allow images to be embedded into posts. However, the links to your images are fine.

OK great Ill give that a try

RE: Captions.
Is there a way to access that data outside of JBP to achieve what I want?

Thanks again!

Yes. You can use the Juicebox-Pro API (specifically the onImageChange event and the getImageInfo method) to get the title and/or caption of the current image and display it wherever you like on your page.
Here is a an example which displays the title and caption of the current image in a <div> outside the gallery.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>Juicebox Gallery</title>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
        <meta name="description" content="">
        <style type="text/css">
            body {
                margin: 0px;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
        <script>
            jb = new juicebox({
                containerId : 'juicebox-container',
                galleryWidth: '800',
                galleryHeight: '600'
            });
            jb.onImageChange = function(e) {
                var index = e.id;
                var info = jb.getImageInfo(index);
                var title = info.title;
                var caption = info.caption;
                document.getElementById("text").innerHTML = title + "<br />" + caption;
            }
        </script>
        <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
        <div id="text"></div>
    </body>
</html>

fantastic... thanks!