Topic: error config.xml, Lightroom 5 and NextGen

What does it mean when I get the error showing up in the gallery window "config.xml file not found"? This error results from what appears to be a problem with using either Lightroom 5,  the latest version of the NextGen Lightroom publish plugin, or Juicebox or using them together. Here's the sequence. I publish Lightroom photos to a NextGen gallery which Juicebox uses to populate a Juicebox gallery in WordPress. Everything works fine UNTIL I try to publish black and white versions of photos. NextGen says there's an error and skips the black and white versions, but they have actually uploaded. But Juicebox throws the "config.xml" error. It seems like the only way to fix it is to reinstall NextGen and Juicebox. Or use Lightroom 4 in the first place. Any thoughts? I realize this may be completely a NextGen problem, or an Adobe problem.

Re: error config.xml, Lightroom 5 and NextGen

What does it mean when I get the error showing up in the gallery window "config.xml file not found"?

With a standard gallery, the following FAQ would usually help with the 'Config XML file not found' message.
When I view my gallery I see the message 'Config XML file not found'. How do I fix this?

However, in your case, your gallery's XML file is generated dynamically by WP-Juicebox (the WordPress plugin) at the time the gallery is displayed. If you are using a NextGEN gallery as a source of images for your Juicebox gallery when the 'Config XML file not found' message is displayed, then there may be a problem with the NextGEN gallery itself causing the XML file to fail to be created successfully.
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and hopefully help further.