1 (edited by dlydiard 2013-05-12 02:11:46)

Topic: chrome bug with showImageOverlay="AUTO"

this only happens in chrome and if showImageOverlay in my XML config is set to AUTO.

i'm using the latest version of chrome and my mouse is at the top of my LCD (it never enters the webpage area). i click new tab, and type in http://danlydiard.com

i see the Ajax spinner spin and NO image, however the toolbar and next icons are displayed even though my mouse is not over any images. if i move my mouse to the image area and back up to the top (effectively triggering the imageOverlay events) the image will suddenly appear. this bug doesn't happen in Firefox/safari/IE10. it also does not happen if i set showImageOverlay to NEVER.

this problem also seems intermittent, but happens the majority of the time for me. also, it doesn't do it unless the browser is fetching from cache... if i clear my cache and load the page, it works just fine... so to reproduce it you might have to view the url one time, close the tab, then launch a new tab...

i believe this problem didn't start happening until i upgraded to v1.3 and starting using the buttonBarPosition="OVERLAY" option for the social media icons.

btw the button bar and navigation icons (set to auto) automatically appear when i first load up the page on any browser, even if my mouse has never entered the juicebox content area... not sure if this was intended or not, but doesn't seem right to me.

screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj70sxy33ayfp … -10-35.png

Re: chrome bug with showImageOverlay="AUTO"

i see the Ajax spinner spin and NO image

I see the problem in your own gallery but I have been unable to replicate the problem myself.
I have tried to create a stripped-back test case whilst resembling your setup as closely as possible using the same configuration options that your gallery does, using a baseUrlL, a configUrl and a themeUrl (as your gallery does), using imageURLs which begin with a leading slash and enclosing the entire embedding code within a $(document).ready resize function.
In my own test case, the first image in the gallery is always displayed (in Chrome 26) without the need to hover the mouse in and out of the gallery.
Try stripping back elements from your own web page one by one (and test each time) to see if you can find anything else on your web page which might be causing the problem.

btw the button bar and navigation icons (set to auto) automatically appear when i first load up the page on any browser, even if my mouse has never entered the juicebox content area... not sure if this was intended or not, but doesn't seem right to me.

Set showOverlayOnLoad="FALSE" in your gallery's XML file to initially hide the image overlay in your gallery. (The default value for this configuration option is 'TRUE'.

3 (edited by dlydiard 2013-05-12 23:47:47)

showOverlayOnLoad="FALSE" fixed the problem. is this also settable via the API?

i actually want this to be set to TRUE for mobile and FALSE otherwise, but i don't really want to make a new mobile jbconfig.xml to maintain.

more specifically if could control the buttonBar and imageNav independently, that would be best. for instance i only want the buttonBar to show on mouseover and not onLoad, but i do want the imageNav to show on both onLoad and mouseover.

showOverlayOnLoad="FALSE" fixed the problem. is this also settable via the API?

You can use the Juicebox-Pro API method toggleOverlay() to toggle the image overlay on and off.

more specifically if could control the buttonBar and imageNav independently, that would be best. for instance i only want the buttonBar to show on mouseover and not onLoad, but i do want the imageNav to show on both onLoad and mouseover.

It would not be possible to achieve this exactly but with a combination of the following suggestions, you might be able to find a suitable compromise.

• You could use the Info Button (showInfoButton="TRUE") to allow users to toggle the overlay on and off.

• You could position the Button Bar outside the overlay (buttonBarPosition="TOP").

• You could add main image navigation buttons to the Button Bar (showNavButtons="TRUE").

• You could show/hide the main image navigation buttons on the overlay by using the showImageNav configuration option.

thanks steven i think with the combination of events and api calls i can get what i want.