Topic: Other sizes of Flickr images and mobile Chrome bug

I don't know if the Flickr api supports this, but would there be any way to use some of the newer Flickr sizes besides just medium, large and original.  Flickr has a large 1600 and large 2048 size, would there be a way to select for those sizes to be loaded.

And while I'm posting, I'll ask here about a bug I notice in Chrome on Android.  If you touch the gallery, on iOS it will show or hide the controls, but on Android it turns half of the image with a blue overlay.  I assume highlighting the touch areas on the right and left.

Re: Other sizes of Flickr images and mobile Chrome bug

I don't know if the Flickr api supports this, but would there be any way to use some of the newer Flickr sizes besides just medium, large and original. Flickr has a large 1600 and large 2048 size, would there be a way to select for those sizes to be loaded.

I see no reference to the 1600 and 2048 sizes in the Flickr API flickr.photos.getSizes page or in the Photo Source URLs page.
Running one of my images through the Flickr API Explorer reveals the Large 1600 and Large 2048 sizes with size codes h and k respectively. However, these size codes do not appear in the list of available URLs in the 'Arguments -> extras' list on the flickr.photos.search page either.
It looks like these sizes may be available via the API but that Flickr's documentation needs to be updated.
Setting flickrExtraParams="url_k" does not override the flickrImageSize setting so, assuming the 1600 and 2048 sizes are available via the API (their documentation suggests not but their Flickr API Explorer suggests otherwise), it is currently not possible to display these sizes in a Juicebox-Pro gallery.
You could always post this as a suggestion in the Feature Request thread (though I cannot be certain that it is even possible).

And while I'm posting, I'll ask here about a bug I notice in Chrome on Android.
Having said that,

Please post the URL to a sample gallery that exhibits this behavior and also let us know which Android device you use. The more information we have, the better. Thank you.

It's Chrome 26.0.1410.58 on Android 4.2.2 Nexus 4.  It seems to happen with any gallery, but you can check mine at http://www.myrtlebeachphotography.org/wedding_main.php.  It's a issue where Chrome highlights the touch zones on the left and right.  It should be easy to see.

Thank you for the additional information.
I have notified the developers as I do not personally have a Nexus 4 device on which to test.
What version of Juicebox-Pro do you use? (You have removed the version numbers from the top of the JavaScript and CSS files.)
If you are do not already use the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.3.1), try upgrading your gallery to see if this makes a difference. Please see the Upgrading Juicebox page for details.
If you already use Juicebox-Pro v1.3.1 but have modified the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file (again, it is hard to tell as you have removed all comments and line breaks from the file), try reverting to the stock 'theme.css' file from the Juicebox-Pro download package to see if this helps.

I haven't removed any version numbers that I'm aware of. I'm using the latest version of Jucebox Pro.  I also haven't modified the css.  I'm using the Cloudflare service, it's possible it's automatically removing comments and line breaks automatically, but nothing is modified myself.  This issue should be seen with any Android device running the latest version of the Chrome (not the older browser) for Android, I'd be surprised if you didn't see it on whatever Android testing device you have.

We have replicated the blue overlay issue in Chrome v26 and will fix in the next version.

Can I suggest you release this ASAP, or post what code needs correcting to address the fault.

I recently downloaded the lite version for testing and promptly discovered the issue with some preliminary testing.  Verifying the same issue existing with Juicebox's Demo gallery http://www.juicebox.net/demos/lite/full/ (the issue doesn't affect embedded version btw, and flashes on and off on Full Pro version), but liking what else I've seen with the gallery I searched for the issue in forums rather than simply abandoning the software.

My site only gets a small number of hits per month, ~200 unique, but the last thing I want with a fledgling business is to appear amateurish with malfunctioning code.  60% of my visitors use mobiles, and a significant amount use Chrome.

the Chrome/Android blue touch zone issue doesn't appear to affect your demo:

http://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/embedded/

what's the difference??

@chuckgporto

It may have something to do with the fact that the demo gallery uses a unique demo version of the 'jbcore' folder which is immune to the bug (rather than a release version).
In any case, the developers have been able to replicate the problem and it will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox (though I do not know when it will be released).

The issue with the semi-transparent overlay on Android devices has now been fixed in v1.3.2. Please see the Version History for a full list of changes and the Upgrading Juicebox page for details on how to get the latest version.